Need Market for Motorhome - rented to Others

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
Insisfun
Insurance Journal Fan

Need Market for Motorhome - rented to Others

Post by Insisfun »

I'm trying to find a Market for an individual who owns a Class C Motorhome. He wants to rent it out to other when he's not using it himself. Can anyone help? I forgot to add I've Tried all the usual suspects: Progressive, Foremost, Swett & Crawford, Superior UW, etc.
ngudgell
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Re: Need Market for Motorhome - rented to Others

Post by ngudgell »

That is going to be a tough one. I would contact an E&S broker if you have one. If not, here is a great E&S broker that I use all the time for my challenging risks. Andrew is creative and can usually find a market no matter the state.

Andrew Bikofsky
Broker
Worldwide Facilities Insurance Services, Inc
7740 N. 16th Street, Suite 390
Phoenix, AZ 85020
P: 602-680-2022
jimmyr1978
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by jimmyr1978 »

Try American Modern Home. They do mobile home parks, but not sure if they'll do an individual mobile home. Property coverage is going to be very tough.
Insisfun
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Insisfun »

Thanks for the advise. I'll follow up with the recommendation. It would be easier if he was actually in the business of renting Motorhomes!
tleist
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by tleist »

I suggest either contacting an RV Dealer who rents motorhomes, and can add the unit to the dealer's vehicle schedule, or contact MBA Insurance, Scottsdale, AZ. (480-946-1066) who writes rental RV Dealers. I believe an individual can lease-back his private unit to the rental dealer.