Incentives for Clients

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
NewBrkerCA
Insurance Journal Fan

Incentives for Clients

Post by NewBrkerCA »

I am wondering under the Insurance Code if it is acceptable/legal to offer incentives for new business/clientele? I am focusing on Commercial P&C lines with niche industries (Marine/Aviation/Construction).

Is offering some sort of gift/tickets acceptable when trying to obtain new clients?
NYagent301
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: Incentives for Clients

Post by NYagent301 »

It varies by state. Usually the limit is a nominal amount $20-$50 which allows for things like coffee mugs, pens, calendars and such. Check with your insurance department.
wlunday
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: Incentives for Clients

Post by wlunday »

Why don't you try offering something of real value like risk management, loss control consultation, perhaps a plan that will pay dividends and a whole host of "Value Added" ideas that will set you apart from the other guys that simply offer a quote...
If you live by price alone you may as well quit now and save yourself future headaches. Sell your ability to properly service the clients' needs! If he just needed insurance he can get that from a 1-800-dot com! THEY NEED US as a professional on their team! Just my two cents. Sell yourself, don't give anything away!

Wayne Lunday, LUTCF, CLU, ChFC