Insurance rating software

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

mccloud55
Insurance Journal Fan

Re: Insurance rating software

Post by mccloud55 »

Porter wrote:FSC Rater is the best in California.
I agree Porter! Here is a follow-up on what I found at the Utah Better Business Bureau on Quomation;

BBB Rating for Quomation Insurance Services
Based on BBB files, Quomation Insurance Services has a BBB Rating of F on a scale from A+ to F.
Reasons for this rating include:
•BBB does not have sufficient information to determine how long this business has been operating.
•BBB does not have sufficient background information on this business.
•Failure to respond to one complaint filed against business.
•One complaint filed against business that was not resolved.

Any questions??
GoldenIns
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by GoldenIns »

Quomation is very slow. We use several companies, which is why we chose the rater, but the Agents went back to rating individual companies because the Quomation was slow and often incomplete. Try something else first.
semcat23
Insurance Journal Fan

Re: Insurance rating software - SEMCAT

Post by semcat23 »

SEMCAT Quoting Software is a unique solution that helps insurance agents to quote and bind faster on the web. Not an old-fashioned comparative rater, SEMCAT is a cutting-edge personal lines quoting software currently used by independent agents nationwide.

SEMCAT can provide your agency a competitive advantage by:
• Getting the Real Rate the first time 50%-85% faster than manual entry
• Supporting your quoting with 250+ carriers in Real Time (listed below)
• Providing a FREE Client / Prospect Web Entry Form
• Integrating with .al3 / .xml capable management systems
• Daily Prospecting/Sales workflow featuring Touchpoints, Calendar Reminders, prospecting pipeline and account activity reporting
The patent-pending technology powering SEMCAT, Information StreamingTM, pre-fills data fields on carriers' quoting websites while preserving the integrity of the carriers' work flow and functionality. Because all SEMCAT quoting is done through carriers' websites, you will always receive a Real Time, 100% accurate, bindable rate.

With SEMCAT, all training and customer support is provided free of charge. We work on very simple pricing plans tailored to each agency with no contracts and no hidden charges. If you would like a FREE 2-week evaluation of SEMCAT, just click on this click to get started: http://signup.semcat.net/joel An evaluation of SEMCAT costs you nothing and can uncover significant savings for your agency. I hope you will try SEMCAT to improve your agency's quoting and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Joel Pilka
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
SEMCAT Account Executive
402.261.0536| semcat.net

pricing: 80/month for 1 user / $95/for 2
mccloud55
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by mccloud55 »

QUOMATION COMPARATIVE RATER - A CALIFORNIA BROKER'S REVIEW
PRICE: $199 SET-UP +$125 / MONTHLY FOR A TOTAL OF $324.00 START UP FEES.
SUMMARY: When the Quomation software product failed to access (Bridge) to some of my most competitive carrier's applications, I lost customers and was bound by Quomations 90 Cancellation Policy and a denial of refund.
PRODUCT PERFORMANCE: Several companies that Quomation listed on their software program, did not bridge to the applications. This basically made the product useless for me because I had to go directly to the carriers website and duplicate my efforts by having to enter all the same client data again and then print the app. With one carrier, I had to have them fax me the application and do a mail in after I found out the Quomation bridge was not compatible--even though the carrier was listed as being compatible! Quomation tech support could not fix it and referred me back to the carrier who told me that they had advised Quomation of the incompatibility due to incomplete programming, yet Quomation did not remove them from their compatibility list!
CUSTOMER SERVICE: After detailing my complaint and taking a couple of screen shots of the carrier list and asking for a full refund, I received NO REPLY. After another email to them I was told this; You are obligated to give 90 days notice to cancel and our policy is to not give refunds for the set-up.
OPINION: TWO OF MY DM'S HAD TOLD ME TO GO WITH THE FSC COMPARATIVE RATER AND I SHOULD HAVE LISTENED! MY BOTTOM LINE FOR ANY NEW AGENT OR BROKER CONSIDERING QUOMATION: "PAY A LITTLE EXTRA PER MONTH AND AVOID ALOT OF HEADACHES. MANY CARRIERS THAT I HAVE WANTED TO GET APPOINTMENTS WITH TO BE COMPETITIVE IN MY MARKET HAVE TOLD ME THAT I CAN ONLY WRITE BUSINESS WITH THEM THROUGH FSC RATER.
I sincerely hope my personal experience and this review lends some insight into Quomation, their software, and the company. Good Luck and have fun in the business!
brittt
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by brittt »

What's FSC charging in CA these days? Is anyone negotiating a discount for set-up fees and/or monthly dues? What's the minimum contract period?
megawatt
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by megawatt »

I am looking for feedback on the current leaders in personal lines real time rating software. I am using Silverplume PL Rating presently and looking to hear some opinions of any other rating software that works well with AMS management systems.