Just went IA from Captive - HELP!!!!

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

khambers
Insurance Journal Fan

Re: Just went IA from Captive - HELP!!!!

Post by khambers »

You may wish to contact Gordy Bunch at The Woodlands Financial Group - rbunch@twfg.net. Best of luck!
MKEHOE
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by MKEHOE »

There are also options to use wholesalers that have access to a multitude of markets.
I work for one and can be emailed at mkehoe@crcins.com
Thanks
beyert1
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by beyert1 »

Having been the one to start this chain of events I keep reading to see what others are saying. I can see many who are telling me to go to an MGA or some sort of group. I find this to be good in one way and bad in another. I have found it much better to be directly appointed. Now, I do have the experience and background and the companies are happy with my production so far.

As for Caroline25 in Arkansas, I would suggest you contact Independent Insurance Agents of Arkansas. They have many of the resources you will need. Now, you may not get all of the companies you want right away but it will come with time. Find some of the companies who are hungry for agents and have good coverage. You would be surprised how quickly they come to your door when they know an agent is hungry and wanting to write business. Right now many of the larger companies are going through some hard financial times and the smaller companies are actually rated well and offer good solid products and a good price.

Don't let the name stop you from looking into them. However, make sure you check them out for complaints and such from the State. You want to represent good companies with good histories.

If you have any questions, email me at thomb@myodysseyinsurance.com.