I like to do a “weekly review” each Sunday for the upcoming week.
Here are some things I look at:
- If you keep a to-do list, review it and see what hasn’t been completed.
- Look over last week’s calendar and see if there is anything that needs to be followed up on or scheduled for this week.
- Review your New Business Log. Are you on track for the month? If not, what can you do on Monday to kick off the week. (Suggestions: review old quotes and follow up. Run a cross sell campaign to drum up new business. Get a telemarketing list together to start calls for the week.)
- Have you checked your team progress recently? Do they need some motivation time or training this week?
- Do you have opportunities on your calendar to meet more people? At least two appointments or networking events? (Email someone for a lunch meeting, find an event to attend.)
I write down the most important items for the upcoming week.
Not just the urgent things that are pulling at you, but those that will market and grow your agency long-term.
Make a list. Choose no more than two or three big priorities for each day. I also do this for my staff every week as well.
I always love tracking every component of anything I do so I know what gets accomplished.