Real Estate E&O Insurance in CA

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
amcpeake
Insurance Journal Fan

Real Estate E&O Insurance in CA

Post by amcpeake »

Hi I am looking to see who has good recommendations for markets that are broker friendly for Real Estate E&O. I have wrote Genstar through Landry (VIA Wholesaler).

Also anybody know about transaction based E&O in California, does it exist, is a good alternative?
Thanks,

Anthony
mightyquinn
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: Real Estate E&O Insurance in CA

Post by mightyquinn »

What is your definition of "transaction based?"

Specifically, what is your client: a RE broker, RE agent, mortgage broker, mortgage banker, title agent, etc.??

This is one area where it pays to be very specific in your description of risk/exposure.

Frankly, the GenStar program is good but it is onerus and an administrative pain in the neck. One thing that has always bothered me about it is if you have a builder who sets up a real estate pup to sell their own properties you have no coverage. Now, I don't know how that plays in, say, Iowa but in CA its can be a killer.

Post by eno4u »

try Century Surety through their MGA the Norman-Spencer Agency (937) 432-1600. They are easy to work with and the policy can be endorsed to provide coverage for RE firms that list/sell homes constructed-developed by a wholly owned subsidiary of the RE firm.
Ryan Gillispie
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Ryan Gillispie »

Hi Anthony:

Yes, it does exist and it can be a good alternative. You should call CRES Programs at (877) 257-2737 x156 to discuss this program further.

CRES Insurance Services is the leading provider of Real Estate & Mortgage Broker E&O Insurance in California. We offer both Per Transaction and Annual payment plans with coverage offered through admitted carriers.

Please feel free to contact me with questions. You may also visit our website by clicking on the link below. We appoint qualified producers daily.

Regards,

Ryan Gillispie
Manager - Broker Services
CRES Programs
Direct: (877) 257-2737 x156
Fax: (858) 618-1655
http://www.cresprograms.com

CA License # 0D85894