- CompanyMid America Search
- LocationPeoria, IL
- Posted OnApril 17, 2017
Field Claims Representative
College degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
Other requirements include:
• Certificate in General Insurance.
• AIC, CPCU, ARM, or CIC designations.
• Previous experience using Xactimate estimating software.
• 2+ years experience in property and property damage liability claim settlement.
• Excellent keyboard/PC skills.
• Working knowledge of claims law.
• Understanding of insurance coverages for commercial, personal, and farm.
• Top-notch organization and prioritization skills.
• Ability to work flexible hours.
• Ability to work independently and manage the territory.
• Excellent problem-solving and negotiating skills.
• Superior written and verbal communication skills.
Salary Range: $60k to $67k DOE + car
Our Client, a highly rated mutual Property and Casualty insurance company, is seeking a Field Claims Representative. The individual filling this position will work from home.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Inspect, prepare detailed damage estimates, negotiate, and settle property claims.
• Examine policy coverage forms and other records to determine insurance coverage.
• Interview and correspond with policyholders, claimants, witnesses, and police.
• Establish and monitor reserves to adequately reflect the exposure.
• Make appropriate reserve changes as each file develops.
• Assist in agency management by providing feedback to Underwriting and conducting agency visits.
• Occasionally handle and manage complex losses in specific areas of expertise.
• Participate on catastrophe teams, as required.
• Focus on outstanding customer service toward all customers.
• Travel with overnight stays, as necessary.
How to Apply
email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org