- CompanyColumbia University, School of Professional Studies
- LocationNew York City, New York
- Posted OnMarch 10, 2017
The School of Professional Studies (SPS) at Columbia University seeks candidates for part-time lecturer positions to teach courses related to insurance management for the Summer and Fall 2017 semesters in both online and face-to-face settings. SPS seeks individuals with a vibrant portfolio of professional experience and academic study to teach insurance business and management, particularly in these areas:
• Underwriting (Life, P&C, and/or Health)
• Claims Management
• Insurance Finance
• Regulations and Law in Insurance
• Ethics and Fraud in Insurance
• Advanced Reinsurance
• Capital Management & Investments
• International Insurance
• Technology & Data Analytics
Candidates should have extensive leadership experience applying their discipline within the insurance industry; teaching experience; and, deep and demonstrated understanding of academic and applied trends that are driving best practice. The candidate must be capable of contributing to the program’s academic mission, and demonstrate the potential for vision and direction that will be required for all aspects of the position.
Minimum Degree Required:
• Master’s degree in areas related to insurance, finance, business, economics, risk management, or actuarial science required. Terminal degree (e.g., MBA, PhD in related field) preferred.
• Candidates must have demonstrated teaching experience in their areas of professional practice and accompanying pedagogy. Graduate-level teaching experience preferred, but not required.
• Candidates should have extensive leadership experience in their field, as well as applied knowledge of theoretical disciplines and practical application in areas related to insurance, finance, business, economics, risk management, or actuarial science.
• 3+ years teaching experience in a university setting at the graduate level preferred. International teaching and/or professional experience a plus.
• 8+ years of professional experience working in the field of concentration preferred.
• Peer-reviewed publications/contributions to area of discipline preferred, but not required.
Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the positions are filled. All applicants must provide a cover letter and CV. Please include the course type(s) for which you would like to be considered in your cover letter.
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
How to Apply
To apply on our website, please visit: https://ce-columbia-openhire.silkroad.co...
If you would like to apply with your LinkedIn Profile, please visit: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/cap/view/2...
If applying via LinkedIn, please also include a resume with your application.