- CompanySaskatchewan Workers' Compensation Board
- LocationSaskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
- Posted OnJuly 4, 2014
Assistant Director, Operations
Permanent – Saskatoon
Reporting to the Executive Director, Operations the individual in this role will demonstrate leadership and support with respect to claims management activities including adjudication, payments, case management, and vocational rehabilitation processes to meet the needs of customers. The incumbent will also be accountable to plan and implement projects associated with continuous improvement initiatives within Operations.
1. Develops and implements business objectives and projects in support of the strategic plan. Monitors, and reports on project activities/status and outcomes.
2. From a continuous improvement perspective; designs and implements case management practices and processes to ensure excellent service delivery.
3. Ensures sound change management principles are applied when implementing projects and changes to processes.
4. Acts as the technical expert for all Team Leaders; ensures consistency of policies and procedures among teams.
5. Participates in the development, implementation and monitoring of quality control activities.
6. Manages a team and is responsible for all human resource functions therein including staffing, performance management, development, labour relations, staff health & safety, etc.
7. Assists with developing sound HR plans are in place including capacity and productivity analysis.
8. Ensures WCB’s compliance with the legal framework, policies, standards and procedures within applicable privacy legislation.
9. Builds and maintains positive and effective working relationships with other departments within the organization; assumes responsibility to work with Facilities to manage the day-to-day operation of the Saskatoon office in cooperation with Managers of other work units in the Saskatoon office.
10. Directs, supports, and/or participates in the development and maintenance of Business Continuity Plan, ensuring plan is complete and kept current.
• A University degree in Administration or Commerce
• Minimum of six (6) years experience in progressively responsible management positions
• Minimum three (3) years management experience in a direct service delivery role.