- CompanyRockhill Insurance Services
- LocationSan Francisco, CA
- Posted OnOctober 17, 2013
Associate Underwriter – Environmental
Rockhill Insurance Services, LLC has an Underwriter – Environmental opening in our San Francisco office.
About us: Rockhill Insurance Services, LLC, a division of State Auto Insurance Companies, writes specialty insurance business in 50 states primarily through wholesale brokers and MGUs. Since 2005, Rockhill has had a strong commitment to our Excess and Surplus lines partners, employees and customers. We promise a fast paced and supportive atmosphere where you can make significant contributions.
This position will be responsible for supporting the new and renewal underwriting process. Primary responsibilities will be in support of senior level underwriters: invoicing accounts, issuing binders and policies, issuing and invoicing mid-term endorsements. In time, position will include routing underwriting of endorsements and renewal/new business accounts Will have a limited LOA for endorsements and basic underwriting.
- Under moderate supervision of an Underwriter, evaluates insurance applications to accept, decline, modify, rate and quote new and renewal policies. Answers questions and requests, quoting rates, and explaining company underwriting policies.
- Works independently to gather outstanding contingencies from brokers in order to bind accounts and issue policies.
- Seeks guidance from supervisor on underwriting requirements that are beyond those referenced in their LOA.
- Conducts special projects as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years related underwriting experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5-7 years experience in supporting the underwriting function or 1-3 years underwriting experience with authority, preferably in excess and surplus lines.
- Active California Property and Casualty and Surplus Lines Broker license, or ability to pass licensing exams.
- Progress towards CPCU or similar insurance-related designation preferred.
- Strong knowledge of computer programs, including MS Office
- Good organizational, time management, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to facilitate the development of good working relationships with brokers throughout the region.
Note: Relocation not provided; third party candidates not accepted. To be considered, please include salary expectations. The experience and formal education of the incumbent will determine the level and starting salary.
State Auto Group, rated A (Excellent) by the A.M. Best Company, offers competitive compensation, an annual bonus program, an excellent benefits package including medical, dental and prescription insurance coverage, life insurance, 401K plan, tuition assistance, and a stock purchase plan. We also use drug screening as a condition of employment.