- CompanyBrecht & Associates
- LocationGrapevine, TX
- Posted OnJuly 16, 2014
COMMERCIAL PROPERTY & CASUALTY UNDERWRITER
Brecht & Associates is an independent family owned insurance marketing intermediary representing financially stable insurance companies specializing in insuring risks that have unique characteristics. Our goal is to provide property & casualty insurance brokers access to a full range of available insurance products to meet the needs of their clients which they are unable to obtain through their standard distribution channels. We act as a managing general agent for insurance companies and operate as a broker. Brecht & Associates is an experienced underwriting MGA, which has over 100 combined years of experience from the Company, MGA/Wholesale Broker & Reinsurance arenas.
Since 2001, Brecht & Associates has maintained stability in the insurance marketplace because we have embraced change, but the true foundation of our company is our people. We take pride in the unique culture created by our employees. Our office is situated between Dallas & Ft. Worth, close to the DFW airport in Grapevine, TX. We are a progressive employer offering paid employee health and dental benefits, paid holidays, vacation/sick time, a 401K & profit sharing opportunities.
We are seeking a highly dependable and motivated insurance professional to take on the role of Commercial Property & Casualty Underwriter/Broker. We would be willing to hire the right person to work remotely. Salary will be commensurate with experience, education and opportunity. If you are a positive, success-minded, customer-centric individual looking for something different, we want to hear from you.
Commercial Underwriters/Brokers are responsible for the underwriting and servicing of a variety of multi-line accounts.
As an Underwriter your key objectives are to:
• Underwrite new and renewal business submissions and determine proper pricing levels for individual risks to ensure a profitable book of business within established underwriting guidelines.
• Generate new business and improve retention of existing business through effective marketing, re-marketing and superior customer service, thereby increasing the total book of business.
• Maintain and grow a profitable book of business.
• Review coverage change requests and utilize available resources to interpret coverages.
• Provide superior customer service to company representatives, agents and insureds by responding to requests in a courteous and timely manner.
• Balance and prioritize work-flows, work cooperatively with other departments and support other team members as needed.
• Assist with special projects and assignments that may be required by the Underwriting Department or Management.
• Gain & maintain relationships with and knowledge of our current available & obtainable markets to increase the profitable Property & Casualty book within our MGA.
Specific tasks include but not limited to:
• Grow our current profitable property & casualty book of business.
• Retain renewals through quality customer service.
• Screen, place, and process commercial lines applications.
• Review applications, renewal requests, and endorsements for compliance with underwriting authority and guidelines.
• Initiate, screen, and prepare endorsement requests on assigned accounts.
• Handle telephone requests and miscellaneous correspondence.
• Process cancellation requests.
• Review policies and endorsements for accuracy.
• Keep up to date on rate, form, and coverage changes.
• Participate in seminars and classes for skill and knowledge development.
EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
• At least five years of diverse commercial underwriting experience working with retail insurance agencies on both binding authority and brokerage business. Experience underwriting in Texas is preferred.
• Prefer candidates with a developed property & casualty commercial book of business.
• College degree is preferred.
• Possess excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
• Able to work in a fast paced, high-pressure environment.
• Ability to use computer with proficient knowledge in Microsoft programs and other agency management systems. Experience working in a paperless environment, with OMNI Management software and with OMNI Image is a plus.
• Strong decision making, analytical, organizational skills.
• A Texas General Lines – Property & Casualty Insurance current license is required.
• Obtain a Texas Driver’s License by employment start date.
• Availability to work core hours Monday – Friday, 8:30am-5pm.
How to ApplyPlease email your resume to Nicole Sopkin at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
No phone calls please.