- CompanyMutual of Enumclaw Insurance Company
- LocationEnumclaw, WA
- Posted OnJune 30, 2014
*Position reports to the Chief Underwriting Officer*
- Planning, directing and managing all phases of personal lines of business involving achievement of profit and growth.
- Provide underwriting expertise and leadership involving underwriting practice process and work-flow improvements, expense benchmarking and maintenance, internal auditing, competitive/market analysis, Agency Relations/Producer Services, and product development collaboration.
- Lead/execute underwriting training, operational, and technology-based strategic initiatives.
- Provide management oversight and direction for assigned underwriting and policy services staff.
- Provide effective and efficient Underwriting management, program implementation, operational policy services, technical direction, program administration, training, project management, competitive analysis, market expansion, and associated support.
- Devise, launch and execute business development programs and services to achieve business plan objectives, profitability, and revenue generation/growth targets.
- Nurture business relationships with Agents/Agencies and collaborate with Marketing to provide Agent/Agency support from the Underwriting and Policy Services business unit.
- 9+ years’ extensive relevant insurance experience in the P&C insurance industry. Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience).
- CPCU, CIC, and other insurance industry designation(s)/certification(s) preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of personal lines marketplace and ability to identify and respond quickly to emerging trends.
- Demonstrated effective business planning/execution.
- In-depth knowledge of the Independent Agent distribution systems and ability to maintain superior Agency Relations.
- In-depth knowledge of contracts, legal requirements and insurance regulations pertaining to Company lines of business and products.
- Highly proficient in relationship cultivation and management skills.
- Record of achievement of profit and growth objectives.
About Mutual of Enumclaw Insurance Company: We are a northwest leader in providing personal and business insurance for those who desire peace of mind through exceptional financial risk protection. We are a trusted, respected and financially stable company. We have been in business for 115 years and provide insurance products and services in Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Arizona and Utah. For the third year in a row our employees have recognized us as a 100 Best Company to Work for in Washington. As a member of the Mutual of Enumclaw Insurance team you will experience daily the opportunity to demonstrate our Quality Standards of Ethical, Responsive, Personal, and Efficient.
*Benefits include (not limited to) Medical, Dental, Vision; 401(k) with Company Match; Employee Discount on Personal Insurance; Wellness Reimbursement Program and an Annual Performance Compensation Plan.
*Relocation package available