- CompanyState Compensation Insurnace Fund
- LocationSacramento, CA or Vacaville, CA
- Posted OnFebruary 10, 2014
Information Officer I (Specialist)
Sacramento or Vacaville, CA
Salary $4400.00 – $5508.00/mo
The Communications Center has an opening in Sacramento or Vacaville for an Information Officer I. The primary focus of this position is to serve as editorial manager and writer for Safety News, an external quarterly publication focusing on workplace safety issues and best practices. This position also involves coordinating and consulting with various internal programs to communicate news and information; planning, producing, and editing internal and external communications; crafting comprehensive communications plans to help internal programs create, coordinate and distribute messaging; and generating content for various communications vehicles as required. This position will provide a wide range of corporate communications services, including production management; corporate communication planning; message strategy and development; media relations; and the independent writing and production of articles, news releases, content for internal and external State Fund Web sites and social media channels.
- Excellent command of the English language and grammar
- Superlative written and verbal communications skills
- Publication managing editor experience
- Expertise in proofreading and editing
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to set and meet deadlines
- Ability to work under strong deadline pressure
- Ability to research and analyze data and make recommendations
- High degree of confidence, self-motivation, and ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational skills
- Working knowledge of State Fund’s organizational structure
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance and/or communication availability during working hours
Experience in communications, journalism, or news media is required.
Established in 1914 by the state legislature State Fund is California’s largest provider of workers’ compensation insurance and a vital asset to California businesses. State Fund supports California’s entrepreneurial spirit and plays a stabilizing role in California’s economy by maintaining an open door policy ensuring all employers have a strong and stable option for their workers’ compensation needs.
State Fund offers diverse and comprehensive products and services that provide peace of mind for employers and injured employees with fast, reliable claims service and medical and indemnity benefits. State Fund’s accident prevention services and return to work programs—provided to policyholders at no additional cost—help keep workplaces safe, get employees back to work sooner after an injury, and ultimately help save businesses money.
With approximately 150,000 policyholders, more than $1.2 billion in premium, and nearly $20 billion in assets, State Fund is a competitive insurance provider and a stabilizing force in California’s economy.
State Fund’s Vision, Values, and Purpose
To be recognized as the industry leader and best value in California
State Fund’s purpose is to provide fairly priced workers’ compensation insurance, make workplaces safe, and restore injured workers.
(1) Prior to employment with State Fund, a background investigation (BI) will be conducted. The BI consists of a Personal History Statement and will check criminal and civil records and, if applicable, verify education and check driving records.
(2) Applications must be postmarked and/or received no later then the final filing date
(3) Only the most qualified candidates will be interviewed. If not contacted within four weeks the position has potentially been filled.
(4) Applications will not be considered if the application is not completed appropriately and/or if required additional information is not submitted with the application
Final Filing Date: February 24, 2014
How to ApplyInterested Individuals must submit a STD 678, Examination and/or Employment Application, a current resume and three writing samples to State Compensation Insurance Fund, 2275 Gateway Oaks Dr. Sacramento, CA 95833 Attention Kimberly Garza. These are examples of anything you have authored in relation to business communication, publications, or creative writing. Surplus applicants must attach a copy of their letter. The STD 678 can be accessed through the CalHR website at www.jobs.ca.gov
If you need to attain Information Officer I (Specialist) list eligibility, you may view the official exam bulletin and register and complete the Information Officer I (Specialist) Open exam please access the following link: https://jobs.ca.gov/Bulletin/Bulletin/In...