- CompanyCitizens Property Insurance Corporation
- LocationJacksonville, FL
- Posted OnFebruary 12, 2014
Settling Claims fairly is the cornerstone of our business. We are the State’s largest property insurer with $3 Billion in premiums and we have several fantastic opportunities for skilled, analytical thinkers who are ready to combine their claims experience with their legal background to join our Claims Litigation team. As a Litigation Specialist, you will be responsible for the review and identification of complex claims. You will develop appropriate litigation strategies and settlement solutions. You will have the opportunity to put your strong presentation skills and public speaking abilities to work acting on behalf of the company in litigation proceedings. You will interact with external business partners and exercise independent judgment. Join us and help ensure our policy holders claims are handled efficiently and fairly, because you, like us, do the right thing.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Review and analyze litigated claims on an ongoing basis
- Coordinate with insured, adjusting companies, attorneys and claimants as necessary
- Actively participate in the preparation of settlement evaluations and negotiations of settlements
- Attend mediation, trial and other legal proceedings
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s degree in field with skill transferrable to insurance and four years claims handling experience OR six years claims handling experience.
- Must possess a valid, active and appropriate Florida adjuster license by first day of employment and maintain it as a condition of continued employment. Appointment required.
- Within 90 days of employment, must successfully complete all requirements of Citizens Fundamental Claims School, which includes obtaining an overall passing score.