- CompanyCrusader Insurance Company / Unico
- LocationWoodland Hills, CA
- Posted OnMay 14, 2013
About the Job:
The successful candidate will work towards helping to lead the company’s future growth and success. Learning and advancement starts with on-the-job activities, supported by positive-minded, insightful leadership and by good performance. Because underwriting and claims settlement operations are so vitally important and unique to our industry, work will begin in one of those two departments, depending primarily on the successful candidate’s preference.
This is an “inside” job at our home office in Woodland Hills, California. The required amount of traveling is minimal. Our corporate offices are freeway close with many restaurants and shops nearby. In addition to providing a highly-professional work environment, we offer competitive compensation and excellent benefits. Our success is due in part to the retention of hard-working and loyal employees, many of whom have been with us for over 20 years. The insurance industry is infinitely complex, challenging and rewarding.
About the Employer:
We are a well-established yet relatively small, publicly owned insurance holding company, traded on the NASDAQ under the symbol UNAM (Unico American Corporation). Our primary operation is a property & casualty insurance company, Crusader Insurance Company, but we also have substantial insurance agency, marketing, and underwriting operations for specialty products, including a significant health insurance division. Our management team has provided insurance service in California for over 45 years. We are committed to delivering top-quality customer service and products, and we perform to high standards. For more information please visit ‘crusaderinsurance.com’, hover on “Company,” and click on “About Us.”
- Cover letter required;
- Degree in Business or Business Management;
- Ability to communicate effectively, politely, and accurately;
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while exercising good investigational, organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Work productively alone, without supervision, as well as with others in a team environment;
- Explore opportunities to add value to the job and to the company by constantly striving towards corporate and self improvement;
- Insurance experience is a plus but not required.
Benefits - an attractive compensation package is available for this exciting opportunity, including:
- Medical and dental insurance
- Prescription drug coverage
- Disability benefits
- Life insurance
- Profit sharing
- Paid sick leave & vacations
- Paid Company holidays
- Tuition reimbursement plan
- Free parking
Unico American Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Local applicants are encouraged to apply. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Must be eligible to work in this country. Unable to sponsor or transfer H1 visas at this time.
How to ApplyPlease contact:
Human Resources Mgr.
Unico American Corp.
23251 Mulholland Drive
Woodland Hills, CA 91364
818-591-9800, x 290