- CompanyRiverport Insurance Company
- LocationMinneapolis, MN
- Posted OnJuly 13, 2014
Riverport Insurance Company provides property casualty insurance coverages and related services to non-profit and for profit human services organizations, including public schools. Riverport also serves the needs of risk purchasing groups, captives, and specialty casualty programs.
Riverport is a member company of W.R. Berkley Corporation, one of the most prominent and respected companies in the property-casualty insurance industry.
At Riverport, we are driven by a passion to serve those who serve others. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and strive to exceed the needs of our clientele every day. We seek intelligent employees with high energy levels who share our passion for serving those who serve others.
This position will be responsible for managing a Riverport claims unit consistent with all strategic key results areas. It will also be responsible for hiring, training, managing and providing leadership to the claim adjusters. It will also process, adjust and perform other claim duties related to the handling, management and supervision of the assigned program’s claims.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Maintain and obtain adjuster licenses and complete required continuing education credits necessary to do so where required. Provide documentation verifying compliance to supervisor.
• Collaborate with senior management with respect to the long term management and oversight of the claim exposures.
• Provide claim and loss reporting to and interact with other departments (underwriting, senior management, etc.).
• Assume responsibility for processing, adjusting and management of any program claims assigned in accordance with the department’s claim handling guidelines, “Best Practices-Claim Handling Guidelines” and “Principles of Excellence”.
• Assume responsibility for the appropriate documentation of all analytical and evaluative processes and communication interfaces with respect to the determination of coverage, the investigation and assessment of liability and damages exposures, settlement within established authority and reinsurance reporting.
• Implement and adhere to the processes necessary with respect to the Medicare Secondary Payer Reporting Laws.
• Provide appropriate technical input, guidance, supervision and authority to loss adjustment resources (independent adjusters, etc.) and legal resources (defense attorneys, etc.)
• Assist in identifying, developing, directing and monitoring claim and legal resources to include independent adjusters, attorneys and experts.
• Conduct claim audits of adjusters’ work product and monitor accuracy of loss data.
• Coordinate and complete timely and appropriate loss and claim reporting to our reinsurers, excess carriers and clients.
• Maintain and document accurate loss data and the basis for reserve changes and recommended reserve changes.
• May perform other functions as assigned.
The following education, experience and skills requirements are necessary to perform the essential functions of this position:
• Minimum of 7-10 years claim technical experience or 4-year college degree with related experience.
• A comprehensive knowledge of insurance coverage, the law and legal systems.
• Strong litigation management skills.
• Very good organizational skills.
• Excellent human relations and customer service skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical and decision making ability.
• Knowledge of and ability to use a computer, Dictaphone and telephone.
• Working knowledge of claim systems and other applications in a Windows-based environment.
• National/Multi-State Experience preferred.
Riverport Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.