- CompanyRoyal Neighbors of America
- LocationMesa, AZ and Rock Island, IL
- Posted OnJune 6, 2014
Royal Neighbors is not an ordinary insurance firm. Since 1895, we have held true to our mission to support women and those they care about by offering opportunities that other companies don’t. Our members receive competitive coverage, member benefits such as scholarships, disaster aid, health discounts, and the opportunity to volunteer and give back to their communities.
Employment with a Difference is what you will have as a Royal Neighbors of America employee. At Royal Neighbors of America, our culture and values define who we are. With over a century of proud history working to empower the lives of women and their families, we share basic beliefs and attitudes that enable our employees to thrive in a high-quality and rewarding work environment.
Royal Neighbors of America is seeking a Product Marketing Analyst to research and analyze new product opportunities and bring them to market, as well as position current products with our sales force. Must have insurance industry and/or annuities experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Discover, qualify, and analyze information from various sources to support informed business decisions and actions – market intelligence, competitive intelligence, and market research.
- Analyze results, draw insights and contribute to an atmosphere of fact based decision-making
- Contribute to product strategy, definition, and delivery.
- Conduct both secondary and primary research as needed to present discoveries and analysis as coherent recommendations to the sales and marketing strategy groups and to senior leadership.
- Demonstrate strong research and analysis skills (e.g. ability to efficiently gather data from different resources, draw meaningful insights and communicate them in a high impact manner).
- Collects and leverages market intelligence and other information about competitors and competing products.
- Collects and leverages industry data for product development and product communications.
- Collects and leverages women’s market information.
- Develop and assist in the maintenance of research databases.
- Establish research methodology and design format for gathering data from other companies.
- Respond to requests from internal sources for specific competitive or industry information.
- Collaborate with marketing team to design and deliver research to impact sales collateral and tools.
- Develop the stories the data tells and help sales teams leverage the stories; presentations, collateral and digital platform.
- Manages project timelines, approvals, and budgets.
- Manages vendor relationships.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.A./B.S. with strong academic record, preferably in related field.
- Life insurance and annuity industry experience required.
- Four years’ experience conducting research and analysis in a business environment: secondary research involving information gathering and synthesize, and primary research including qualitative/quantitative research such as focus groups and surveys.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Project management capabilities.
- Ability to communicate ideas effectively verbally and written.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Comfort managing multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated, independent, and resourceful.
- Attentive to detail, and able to make judgments when facing ambiguity.
- Willingness to work in a collaborative environment.
- Communicate effectively with senior executives and members.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university, Masters preferred; minimum five years related experience and additional skills training.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software. Project management software.
Royal Neighbors offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account with annual employer contribution, excellent 401K plan with generous company match and immediate vesting, short and long term disability, company paid term life insurance, 11 paid holidays, generous PTO program, education assistance with reimbursement up to 100%, company paid insurance and related courses for FLMI designation, insurance products discount, and much, much more.