- CompanyApplied Underwriters
- LocationFoster City, CA
- Posted OnJune 30, 2014
Applied Underwriters® is a national leader in financial services and workers’ compensation insurance with employees in five offices nationwide. We’re one of the most profitable underwriters in our class, and the only such company to be rated A+ (Superior) by A.M. Best. As a division of Berkshire Hathaway—one of the largest and most respected companies in the world— we take pride in hiring only the best and brightest. Our success depends on it. We’re always looking for capable people who can contribute to our constantly growing company.
This is an inside sales position focused on retention of Applied Underwriter’s existing accounts. You will be working with insurance producers and their clients to renew workers’ compensation insurance policies. You must be resilient and have the ability to sell the value of the company and its products. Being an independent, goal oriented, self-starter is essential. Candidates must have sales experience and a proven track record of success.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Exceed account retention goals
- Approve loss run requests on renewal business
- Manage and maintain strong relationships with key agencies
- Maintain a variety of reports that are essential to the Renewal Marketing Department
- Handle a variety of customer service escalations relating to retention or insurance issues
- Three years of sales experience. This experience can include sales experience obtained while in an account management or a high-level customer service role
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong knowledge of insurance industry practices and principals
- Knowledge of software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook