- CompanyMutual of Enumclaw Insurance Company
- LocationEnumclaw, WA
- Posted OnJune 30, 2014
This position reports to the President and Chief Executive Officer and leads a department dedicated to creating and maintaining dynamic and innovative product offerings that support the company strategy. This role develops and pursues a product vision that supports policyholder and independent agent satisfaction while delivering profit and growth for the company.
- Provide leadership and development for a team that includes Product Development, Predictive Modeling and Pricing Actuarial professionals.
- Provides accurate and concise pricing indications.
- Provides accurate and concise competitive analysis information.
- Cultivate a departmental culture that excels in communication and collaboration.
- Develop and review short-term and long-term product strategies through the integration of the sales, services, underwriting functions.
- Lead the integration of product strategy with the planning and operational efforts of Marketing, Personal Lines, Sales, Claims, and Finance. Make recommendations to modify the initial product forecasts when implementing initiatives that could have an impact on profit and growth.
- Oversee the rate revision process; responsible for product level rate decision making. Guides the development and implementation of mathematical models and predictive modeling techniques used to identify possible rating solutions and long term profitability; monitors product performance and recommends changes to the rating plans.
- Partner with Underwriting to review on-going analysis of underwriting profit/loss results & trends and risk selection parameters to support the overall product strategy.
- Oversees product concept development including building a business case, legislative/compliance review, business system impacts, and operational, data and metric requirements/analysis.
- Manage on-going research and legislative reviews for product suite.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred.
- ACAS, FCAS preferred.
- AIC, CPCU, and other insurance industry designation(s) or certification(s) preferred.
- 9 – 15+ years’ related experience; expertise in segment marketing, product management and new product development, pricing and predictive modeling.
- Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures including predictive modeling and pricing.
- 10+ years’ experience relationship cultivation and management skills.
- Natural curiosity and advanced strategic/analytic skills.
About Mutual of Enumclaw Insurance Company: We are a northwest leader in providing personal and business insurance for those who desire peace of mind through exceptional financial risk protection. We are a trusted, respected and financially stable company. We have been in business for 115 years and provide insurance products and services in Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Arizona and Utah. For the third year in a row our employees have recognized us as a 100 Best Company to Work for in Washington. As a member of the Mutual of Enumclaw Insurance team you will experience daily the opportunity to demonstrate our Quality Standards of Ethical, Responsive, Personal, and Efficient.
*Benefits include (not limited to) 401(k) w/Company match; Medical, Dental, Vision; Annual Performance Compensation Plan
*Relocation package available