Chubb has announced a group of appointments with immediate effect, which complete the line-up of its new European leadership team.
First, there were the executive appointments that were announced late last year:
- Andrew Kendrick as senior vice president, Chubb Group and regional president, Europe.
- Jalil Rehman as executive vice president and chief business operations officer, Europe.
- Matthew Shaw as executive vice president, Europe and division president, Chubb Global Markets.
- David Robinson as executive vice president, Europe and division president, UK and Ireland. In addition, reporting to David Robinson are:
- Phil Sharpe, chief operating officer for Chubb’s UK and Ireland Property & Casualty business; and
- Jeremy Miles, head of Distribution, UK and Ireland.
- Drazen Jaksic as senior vice president, Accident and Health for Chubb in Europe and Eurasia and Africa.
- Rahim Firozali as general manager for Combined in Europe.
In addition, Chris Eappariello, was named chief marketing officer and senior vice president, Personal Lines. Eappariello will continue to oversee Specialty Personal Lines in Europe as part of his international role. He will report to Darryl Page, vice president, Chubb Group and division president, Personal Lines, for Chubb’s Overseas General Insurance division.
Simon Mobey was named senior vice president, International Personal Risk Services, for Chubb’s Overseas General Insurance division. Also reporting to Darryl Page, Mobey will continue to manage the company’s European High Net Worth business as part of his international role, working closely with Jalil Rehman.
All of the above and following positions will report to Andrew Kendrick, senior vice president, Chubb Group and regional president, Europe, unless otherwise stated.
In its most recent appointments announced this month, Chubb has named its Continental Europe leadership team:
- Jeff Moghrabi will serve as division president, Continental Europe. Formerly regional president, Continental Europe, at ACE, Moghrabi will continue to have responsibility for the company’s property & casualty, accident and health and consumer lines operations across Chubb’s 16 countries in the region.
- Steven Reiss will serve as chief operating officer in Continental Europe. Reiss will report to Jeff Moghrabi. Formerly chief operating officer for ACE in Continental Europe, Reiss will continue to have specific responsibility for the performance and development of business lines as well as the sales and distribution function in the region.
Moghrabi and Reiss will continue to be based in Chubb’s Continental Europe headquarters in Paris.
Also in the recent spate of appointment announcements is Chubb’s European functional leadership team which is named as:
- Mark Hammond who will serve as executive vice president and chief financial officer, Europe, for Chubb. Formerly CFO for ACE European Group, Hammond will have overall responsibility for finance including financial accounting and reporting, financial planning and analysis, actuarial, tax, and treasury.
- Simon Wood will serve as deputy chief financial officer, Europe, reporting to Mark Hammond. Wood was formerly CFO for Chubb in Europe.
- Mark McCausland will serve as chief risk officer, Europe. Formerly chief risk officer for ACE European Group, McCausland will be responsible for supporting the board and executive management in assessing, mitigating and managing risks across Chubb’s regional operations as well as leading its regional capital modelling work.
- Darragh Gray will serve as director of communications and marketing, Europe. Formerly director of communications and marketing for ACE European Group, Gray will be responsible for Chubb’s marketing, public relations, corporate and internal communications in the region.
The following roles are based in London and report to Jalil Rehman with immediate effect:
- Peter Murray will serve as director of Claims, Europe. Formerly director of Claims at ACE European Group, Murray will lead Chubb’s wholesale, retail, property and casualty and consumer claims operation across the region, ensuring it anticipates and responds to customer needs.
- Ashley Mullins will serve as general counsel, Europe. Formerly deputy general counsel for ACE European Group, Mullins will oversee the company’s legal, compliance and company secretary functions in the region.
- Lisa Skeels and Richard Cross will lead the human resources function for Chubb in Europe. Skeels, formerly senior vice president of human resources for Europe at Chubb, will have responsibility for employee relations, resourcing, learning and development, talent management and management information. Cross, formerly human resources director for Consumer Lines, Claims and Operations for ACE in Europe, will be responsible for leading all people integration activity for Europe as well as the compensation and benefits function for the region.
- Eileen Castolene will serve as director of operations, Europe. Formerly vice president of Global Operations for ACE, Castolene will have responsibility for the company’s regional operations including customer relations, policy servicing, facilities, procurement, change management and business continuity.
- Max Gibbs will serve as chief information officer, Europe. Formerly chief information officer for ACE European Group, Gibbs will have responsibility for the technology function in the region, including strategy and delivery of information management, innovation and system solutions to support the company’s continued development.
Chubb said that functional leaders will also continue to provide support for the company’s Eurasia and Africa region.
Andrew Kendrick, senior vice president, Chubb Group and regional president, Europe, said:
“This is a group of true leaders, highly regarded insurance professionals with a wealth of experience and proven track records. Their knowledge and experience will be instrumental in ensuring the successful integration and ongoing success and growth of Chubb in Europe. Together, we will help bring to life for our brokers, partners and clients in Europe exactly what our new company stands for: superior underwriting, superior service and superior execution.”
Jalil Rehman, executive vice president and chief business operations officer, Europe, said that Bert van der Vossen, formerly Continental Europe manager for legacy Chubb, has decided to leave the company at the end of May, but will continue to support the integration process until then. “Bert leaves with our best wishes for the future and our sincere thanks for his dedicated service to Chubb over a distinguished 26-year career with the company.”