ACE USA, the U.S.-based retail operations of the ACE Group, has expanded its environmental risk insurance products to add catastrophe management coverage. In addition to coverage for standard remediation services included in the off-the-shelf environmental policies, ACE now covers the costs of catastrophe management services to maintain and restore public confidence following an environmental catastrophe.
ACE USA’s offerings are designed for companies in environmentally-intensive industries. In addition to the range of insurance coverages available, ACE offers access to specialized catastrophe readiness and response services through ESIS Catastrophe Services. Focused on supporting customers in their efforts to establish catastrophe response plans, ESIS Catastrophe Services also serves a critical role in the wake of a disaster by quickly mobilizing appropriate resources for a streamlined response.
Features of ACE’s catastrophe management coverage for environmental risks may include:
- Coverage to retain responsive catastrophe management services
- Synergy for clients also working with ESIS Catastrophe Services, ESIS’ catastrophe management services program
- Covers costs associated with securing the scene following a catastrophe management event, as well as affected third-party medical costs, funeral costs, psychological counseling costs, temporary living costs, and other necessary response costs
- Manages both the policy and public relations risk associated with an environmental catastrophe, as well as the costs for retaining a public relations or crisis communications firm
- Covers travel costs for directors, officers and others incurred at the direction of catastrophe management services
- Catastrophe management-specific aggregate limit of liability up to $250,000
ACE Environmental Risk, an ACE USA business unit and part of the ACE Group, offers a full range of environmental liability products. Insurance is provided by insurance companies within the ACE Group.