Project CAP has launched Agency 2020, a new program to provide independent agencies with insights and resources to help them create and implement a successful long-term agency strategy.
Each month during 2013, the Agency 2020 program will spotlight a key element of a successful independent agency while also providing free resources to selected agencies from industry service providers. One grand-prize winner will get multiple complimentary services, and additional agencies will be selected to receive single services. Independent agencies can follow the progress of spotlight agencies over the course of 2013 and learn about utilizing those agencies strategic moves.
All member agencies of the Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America (IIABA) are eligible to participate in winning the services. Agencies can enter by completing a brief application form at ProjectCAPMarketing.com/agency2020. The winning agencies will be selected during March by a panel of industry experts from the industry service providers.
The Agency 2020 program and service delivery starts in April with a complimentary agency valuation and appraisal provided by Reagan Consulting, co-author of the IIABA Best Practices Study.
Service areas and providers include:
* InVEST: Guidance on establishing school programs, and teaching materials and tools.
* Caliper: Testing and skill evaluation for employees and prospective employees, including agents and sales consultants.
* Big ‘I’ Young Agents Committee: Complimentary registration for Leadership Institute.
* TrustedChoice®: Co-branding review and update.
* Oak & Associates: Business planning including producer compensation model and sales and marketing plan.
* Project CAP: Marketing program.
* WAHVE: Consulting on optimal staffing for the future and waiver of set-up fee for employee hire process.
* MarshBerry: Perpetuation planning strategy session and comprehensive plan.
* InsurBanc: Financing consultation.
* Aartrijk: Brand image assessment.
Each service delivery will feature a narrative on why and how that component can be integrated to create a more successful agency.
“The scope and format of the Agency 2020 program emphasize the entire lifecycle of the independent agency — from hiring young talent to the firm’s perpetuation process. This is a complete look at a range of elements that will combine to make an independent agency successful in the year 2020 and beyond. It aims to help all agencies improve by focusing on their strengths and challenges,” Tony Gonsalves, senior vice president of Project CAP
Project CAP was created through an alliance of the Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America (IIABA), Trusted Choice, state associations and key insurance carriers to help expand the independent agent’s share of the personal lines insurance market. Project CAP received operating investment from IIABA and six key carriers, including The Central Insurance Companies, Safeco Insurance, State Auto Insurance Companies, Selective Insurance, The Main Street America Group and Westfield Insurance. Project CAP is a trademark of Consumer Agent Portal, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company formed in 2011.