OneBeacon Professional Insurance (OBPI), a member of OneBeacon Insurance Group, Ltd. (has released a new network security and privacy liability policy, which includes certain data breach services from Equifax if a covered breach event occurs. Equifax, a global consumer, commercial and workforce information provider, has developed an industry standard for breach services via their turnkey program.
Highlights of the network security and privacy liability policy include:
- A per affected individual approach
- A provision for potential voluntary notification
- Breach notification and credit monitoring services through Equifax, including Equifax three-bureau credit monitoring, and consumer identity theft insurance available to affected individuals
- A broadened definition of website media occurrence liability
- Optional coverage for Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) fines
- Coverage for third party privacy wongful axcts where legally liable
Please refer to the actual policy for exact coverage descriptions and limits; exclusions and deductibles may apply. Coverages are subject to policy terms and conditions and may not be available in all states. The policy may be underwritten by one of the following insurance companies: Homeland Insurance Co. of New York, Homeland Insurance Co. of Delaware or Atlantic Specialty Insurance Co.