ACE Group has introduced standalone passenger accident insurance for motor carriers. The coverage provides accidental death and dismemberment and accident medical/dental expense benefit coverage for authorized passengers who are injured while traveling with a driver who is working under the operating authority of the motor carrier. This expanded capability complements ACE’s existing product portfolio for the transportation industry.
ACE’s transportation product products help protect independent contractors and transportation carriers who are not required by law to carry workers compensation coverage.
“Whether you’re an independent owner-operator or a motor carrier with hundreds of units, you have to be concerned about who will cover the medical expenses if a non-employee passenger is injured in an accident,” said Carl Hochstein, Assistant Vice President, Accident & Health, ACE USA. “ACE’s Passenger Accident coverage pays accident medical expenses for authorized passengers involved in an accident, and helps to provide financial security in the event of serious injury or death.”
Key highlights of ACE’s products for the transportation industry include:
- Occupational accident coverage for independent drivers under contract with a transportation carrier who is not required by law to carry workers compensation insurance
- Optional contingency liability coverage to protect the carrier from claims made by uninsured drivers against its workers compensation policy
- Passenger accident insurance for transportation carriers and independent contract drivers, designed to provide accident medical and accidental death and dismemberment coverage to commercial truck passengers
- Client service and administrative support, including online enrollment and claims capabilities
Other features of ACE’s transportation product offering include:
- Account coordination with one underwriter maintaining authority for all transportation coverage on individual submissions
- Underwriters specialized in a wide range of accident and health products designed especially for corporate and special risk markets
Insurance is provided by ACE American Insurance Co., Philadelphia, or, in some states, other insurers within ACE Group. ACE’s Accident & Health division, a unit of ACE USA.