Texas Department of Insurance, Division of Workers’ Compensation (TDI-DWC) approved one initial application and nine renewals of the Certificates of Authority for companies to self-insure their workers’ compensation claims for a one-year period under the TDI-DWC Self-Insurance Program. These 10 companies collectively employ approximately 33,800 employees in Texas.
To qualify to self-insure for workers’ compensation claims, a company must have a minimum workers’ compensation insurance unmodified manual premium of $500,000 and meet other requirements subject to annual review.
The following companies received self-insurance certificates:
- ABF Freight System Inc., Fort Smith, Ark.
- Ameron International Corporation, Pasadena, Calif.
- Ascension Health, St. Louis, Mo.
- Baptist Hospitals of Southeast Texas, Beaumont
- Jacobs Engineering Group Inc., Houston
- James Construction Group LLC, Baton Rouge, La. (new to program)
- Mount Vernon Mills Inc., Mauldin, S.C.
- PACCAR Inc., Bellevue, Wash.
- Textron, Inc., Providence, R.I.
- Weyerhaeuser Company, Federal Way, Wash.