Insurance agents and company representatives from across the state will meet Oct. 6-7 in San Marcos at the Embassy Suites San Marcos Hotel, Spa and Conference Center for the Independent Insurance Agents of Texas’ 9th Annual Small Agency Conference.
IIAT conducts this unique annual event with the needs and interests of small agencies in mind. The conference provides an unparalleled networking opportunity for agents from smaller insurance agencies to learn about the latest topics and developments that matter most to their business.
The keynote luncheon speaker is Brian McCoy, CEO of McCoy’s Building Supply, one of the largest family-owned businesses in the building industry serving Texas since 1927. Conference attendees can explore new market opportunities with more than 70 top carriers and MGAs at the Meet With Markets Trade Show. They can also earn up to 7.5 CE credits.
Some session highlights include:
- Agency 2020 – Learn how forward-thinking agencies are preparing themselves to be viable and competitive in the next decade.
- Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act: Impact and Strategies – Get the latest information to manage your own health insurance needs and to advise customers.
- Creating a Sales Culture in a Service World – Every service call should end with a sales proposition. Learn simple but effective marketing strategies to help your agency thrive.
- Performance Metrics for the Small Agency – Learn critical success factors every agency should be monitoring and share strategies for improving agency performance.
- Emerging Issues Facing Texas Agents – IIAT staff bring you the latest on state and national issues such as the Affordable Care Act, Certificates of Insurance, TWIA and other important regulatory issues.