Commercial Trucking Wholesalers

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
rocketguy
Insurance Journal Fan

Commercial Trucking Wholesalers

Post by rocketguy »

Guys, I have a pretty good amount of leads coming in for commercial trucking, but don't a market for them. If you could please list some wholesale companies that have several carriers for this type of risk or specialize in trucking.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
jimmyr1978
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: Commercial Trucking Wholesalers

Post by jimmyr1978 »

Where are you located?
Trucking Underwriter
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Trucking Underwriter »

I specialize in trucking accounts. Depending on what state(s) you are talking about I might be able to help you. Auto liability, MTC, physical damage, excess, WC. Jimcor Agencies. I am in the PA office. dpohle@jimcor.com or call 800-521-9559 ext 2229
Miguelito
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by Miguelito »

Not to rain on your parade............but if you do not have a relationship with any wholesale markets, perhaps a truck specialty broker would be a good option. Maybe partner up? There are filings to be done, AI considerations, upcoming CSA 2010 implementation in July 2010 and some serious E&O pitfalls. You might check the web for Great West Casualty agents that can help. Carriers and Independents look for a resource as much as price.
rocketguy
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by rocketguy »

I am located in California, but the leads that are coming in are from all over. We are licensed in about 30 states right now. I am looking for a good MGA that has multiple different carriers to place the business with. I would say at least 3-4 carriers if not more.
ij2007
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by ij2007 »

YOu should try AmWINS Transportation Underwriters, Inc. out of Burlington, NC and San Diego, CA. They are a truck MGA with a very solid reputation.

http://www.amwins.com/atu/
rocketguy
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by rocketguy »

Thanks for the link. I think I am going to have to use several wholesalers as not just one is going to have everything I need.
Race
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Race »

You could contact United Insurance Brokers in New Albany Indiana. They are affiiated with the R.W. Scobie Group. The R. W. Scobie Group writes trucking business in at least 30 States and represents a number of "A" rated insurance companies.
United Brokers phone number is (800)444-4824

Bob
TexasAUI
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by TexasAUI »

RocketGuy: Give me a call at (888) 882-2939 -- or e-mail me at stan.elrod@auitruckers.com. I may be able to help with some of your commercial trucking needs. I represent a nationwide truck wholesaler --- and have excellent markets for many trucking products in most states. Stan Elrod, National Sales Coordinator, Texas AUI
b61mack
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by b61mack »

what kind of commission percentage....is standard.....to write truck ins......thru the MGA.....thanks...tom...
Trucking Underwriter
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Trucking Underwriter »

Generally the commission % for trucking MGAs/Wholesalers is 10%. It can be higher. High volume retail producers can negotiate higher commission levels. Jimcor has a number of trucking markets in 31 states and I'd be happy to speak with you regarding your needs in this area. My name is Dave Pohle and I am the Transportation Manager for Jimcor Agencies and can be reached at (800) 521-9559 or dpohle@jiimcor.com if you have additional questions.