Lifted trucks - who insures them? Above 6''

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
meytai
Insurance Journal Addict

Lifted trucks - who insures them? Above 6''

Post by meytai »

I have customers with greater than 6 inch lifts.. who insures this?

Many companies accept small lifts, but nothing beyond 6

Thanks

Uni
beyert1
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: Lifted trucks - who insures them? Above 6''

Post by beyert1 »

I am not sure what State you are in but normally Progressive is the best for this market. I have several clients with these type trucks. I would suggest you obtain pictures of the vehicles for your files even if Progressive does not require them.
meytai
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by meytai »

Thank you for responding to this.. i'm appointed with Progressive.. they won't accept a lift above 4 inches

Anyone else?

Or is this type of vehicle simply too risky?
12insure
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by 12insure »

I too am appointed with Progressive and not every Progressive agent can write such a risk at least in Montana. Talk to your commercial lines rep. If not Lloyds will do it
meytai
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by meytai »

Thanks for your response

I'm in CA

I am going to start calling my GAs.. i hadn't thought of that.. thanks for the tip

CONCLUSION: THIS IS A HARD TO PLACE RISK.

If you do a search on this on Google.com you will get a lot of results from forum discussions.. a lot of responses are along the lines of "if they don't ask me, i don't tell" or "my agent overlooks it" - most of these are Farmers/State Farm customers
12insure
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by 12insure »

I am sure that cochran and co out of spokane washington can get it with Lloyds or some other carrier. They managed to write a auto hauler for me who only had a CDL for 3 months and tickets and they got the excess cargo for me that Progressive couldn't go that high in Cargo Talk to Nick if you ca't find a GA they got my appointment with them with in 24 hrs and EXCELLENT service