Business Loss - Travel Insurance

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
forumquestions
Insurance Journal Fan

Business Loss - Travel Insurance

Post by forumquestions »

I'd be interested if you may recommend a travel insurance policy that covers business loss, for instance the loss of a contract (signing a contract) from missing a meeting. Thank you.
robmejia
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: Business Loss - Travel Insurance

Post by robmejia »

Hi forumquestions,

Can you elaborate on your question please? I'm wondering how business loss can be connected with a travel insurance.
sethm
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sethm »

Some travel insurance policies cover the loss of or theft of your belongings while travelling. However, the insurance company will not pay your claim without a police report.
robmejia
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by robmejia »

Maybe you're referring to business travel insurance for the overseas businessman. Such type of insurance can be taken both by the employer and the employee. For the employer, this insurance covers the following: business equipment, personal computer equipment and company cash.
scsinsurance
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by scsinsurance »

I know one company which is exact matching with your requirement. This company is in New York,namely SCS Insurance Inc. I have bought my business insurance from this company and they are giving really good service and benefits.
-----------------------------------------------
- NY life insurance
michaelh51
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by michaelh51 »

One easy thing that most people forget is that companies like American Express have built in insurance if the travel arrangements are made using that credit card. However, they will not go out of their way to advise you of this benefit. Its usually buried in the fine print.

I would suggest visiting the website for your particular card and finding out for yourself. It can save you a big hassle.

Best Regards,

Michael H.
michael@rentalsinfloridakeys.net
The Florida Keys Rental Network
www.rentalsinfloridakeys.net
chad37
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by chad37 »

sethm wrote:Some travel insurance policies cover the loss of or theft of your belongings while travelling. However, the insurance company will not pay your claim without a police report.

This is true. However, most people do not realize that major credit card companies also provide insurance for lost or damaged goods while traveling. So more than likely the person is already covered just by having a visa or mastercard and doesn't even know it?
chad from BWD Group