Special Events

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
Mike Bogges
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by Mike Bogges »

I have a prospect that is on a State Farm BOP(Beauty Salon). He hosts a music event on a patio at his business 13 times a year. Approximately 50 people(max per city permit) will pay $28.00 per year to come to the event, no food or alcohol is provided or served, you can bring your own. State Farm will not insure any of the event risks. Besides a Special Event policy is there another option?
sanddog
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog »

He needs to change his dba: to Beauty and Party Central. The insured is miss representing SF, if the insured is sued SF and the agent will still end up in court defending their exclusions in their policy.

If I were doing this I would have a special event policy issued for the year. Its way way to much work to get coverage 13 times a year. My guess is if there is no liquor provided 1000.00 to 1500 maybe a little more depending on minium premium needs. The insured should not tell anyone that it's ok to bring their own liquor. Let them sneak it in behind the insured back. (Its better to ask forgiveness then permission ) Any good surplus company can help.
email: Janet_Grove@swett.com :P
Dawgnacious
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by Dawgnacious »

Saddog is right. Took the words right off of my fingertips.

Sounds like what you really have is a concert promoter with a Hair Salon problem.
insurevents.com
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by insurevents.com »

We have annual policies for these types of events that go for around $1,000.