need GL for the same plastering contractor

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
GuRG
Insurance Journal Fan

need GL for the same plastering contractor

Post by GuRG »

Now my client is looking to get GL that allows new construction for a Condominiums & apartment buildings up to 6 stories. Please HELP!!! :roll:
sanddog1
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog1 »

Did you try any admitted carriers like: Allied, Safeco, of Financial Pacific. I will see if CBIC Ins is a player
Its better to ask forgiveness then permission
(just do it)
sanddog1
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog1 »

Yes CBIC Ins. will do class code 98449 plastering & dry wall 92338
(just do it)
sanddog1
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog1 »

Man good luck there are carriers out there, my guess is the minium premium 25,000 an more 6 stories wow
(just do it)
bdunn
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by bdunn »

National Fire and Marine will write it
jaybird
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by jaybird »

I would be shocked if CBIC would write any risk doing new condos & apartments. The only company I can think of that will consider it is National Fire & Marine.
sanddog1
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog1 »

The Original Post was in need of plaster and drywall GL coverage. :lol: Later Posted also needed GL for Condo & Apt. Yes CBIC nor any there carrier will write the latter. :shock:
(just do it)
bdunn
Insurance Journal Fan

Plaster, EIFS

Post by bdunn »

I write these accounts nationally thru various carriers. If someone is in need of assistance they can get with me.
insray

Post by insray »

Doesn't CBIC have manifestation clause? Not good to sell a contractor with that clause. Unless you disclose to insured in writing and explain all the issues. Still, I would not do so.
sanddog1
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog1 »

Wow that's news to me. :shock: Where did you hear that CBIC Ins carry's that type of paper. :o On their wholesale side they may have that endorsement, don't know and don't need a wholesaler for CBIC.
I know this much they are A rated admitted in CA and many other states.
There policy is Per Occurrence 2 mil/1 mil, CG20/10, no sunset clause but then you won't have with a turn Per Occurrence policy. A manifestation policy is very similar to a claims made, you can get with and with sunset. Yes i agree it horrible. :wink:
(just do it)
insray

Post by insray »

Yes, through wholesalers policy has manifestation clause. Still on admitted paper though. You are right about being same as claims made. I wasn't aware direct appointment policies didnt have the manifestation. I wil have to pursue that.
volstrike3
Insurance Journal Addict

GL for plastering

Post by volstrike3 »

I have not seen a policy that will allow work on new condo construction in California. I have not seen a condo project that was not covered by a wrap for a few years.

There are several carriers that consider apartments to be commercial work but I do not think you will find a carrier that will allow you to work on new condo construction.
LadyBroker
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by LadyBroker »

I am surprised this project is not already in a wrap. Your client should confirm this with the GC.
"It's a typical day, on the road to Utopia.."
ins-is-my-life
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by ins-is-my-life »

Wholesale or Direct appointment - doesn't matter - CBIC does include a Manifestation Clause Endt (CG2010 paper) on all of their policies. And although the Plastering Code is listed as available they only allow INTERIOR Plastering, nothing exterior.
tuffdeal

Post by tuffdeal »

90%+ of new condo construction in California is insured via wraps. Your client should avail himself of that if he has not automatically been included in a wrap. If he is opting out he is nuts unless he wants to pay $100,000+ for project specific GL.

The 10% of condo construction in California that is not covered by wraps only has premises only liability coverage in which case the GC and the subs do not have any Products/Comp Operations coverage. Usually the GC/Developer doesn't communicate to his subs that he is not covering them for their work. In that case, his subs are then bare for that project and don't realize it. Most subs' GL policies will contain an absolute condo exclusion so that not only don't they have Products/Comp Ops coverage for the project but they don't have premises liability either. Again, the operative word is "bare".....totally "bare."