Market for GL for metal fabrication manufacturing co

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
steve32
Insurance Journal Addict

Market for GL for metal fabrication manufacturing co

Post by steve32 »

Hi,

Does anyone have a market for general liablity coverage for a metal fabrication company? IThey are a manufacturing company that fabricates metals and grits.

'm trying to find markets for commercial coverage and it's really tough.

Thank you,
KHoney
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: Market for GL for metal fabrication manufacturing co

Post by KHoney »

Hi Steve,
Try out Insurance Journal's market search site MyNewMarkets.com to find all of your hard to place markets. It is a search engine specifically for the insurance industry, with over 25,000 market listings. I did a simple search for products and manufacturers and metal in the state of CA from the home page. Here are a few that popped up:

http://www.mynewmarkets.com/main.php?p=3274

http://www.mynewmarkets.com/main.php?p=2789

http://www.mynewmarkets.com/main.php?p=1320

Hit up MyNewMarkets.com anytime you need help finding a market. If you ever come across any problems, email me! khoney@insurancejournal.com

Thanks!
K.Honey
Rob
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by Rob »

steve32 wrote:Hi,

Does anyone have a market for general liablity coverage for a metal fabrication company? IThey are a manufacturing company that fabricates metals and grits.

'm trying to find markets for commercial coverage and it's really tough.

Thank you,
Steve,

Where are you located? What are the metals and grits used for? The coverage for this should be easily obtainable either through a standard market (depending on what the metals are used for) or any E&S broker.
LadyBroker
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by LadyBroker »

Agree this is an easy write with an E & S broker....unless the end product is used in say, an airplane or inserted into the human body....where have you been so far with this risk?
"It's a typical day, on the road to Utopia.."
Shagster12
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by Shagster12 »

I've just quoted a metal products manufacturer through The Hartford including Products coverage which the client has NEVER had. They offered a rate that couldn't be passed up and client is purchasing. There are several E&S markets available to offer this but if you have access to The Hartford call your underwriter and find out who can get this done for you. You might be surprised at the appetites of the Standard markets today.
Shagster
ppeters
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by ppeters »

I desperately need a market for a new company locating to our city that assembles outdoor water heaters and will do some metal fabrication as well. Hartford will not quote under their metal mfg program because they assemble the product and shipped finished products out the door, not just component parts for that stove. Any ideas...have meeting next Tuesday morning, pretty desperate.
LadyBroker
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by LadyBroker »

Have you called your friendly E & S broker? You should be able to place this in the excess & surplus lines market quite easily....UNLESS they are installing these water heaters in New Residential Homes... :-)
"It's a typical day, on the road to Utopia.."
Shagster12
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by Shagster12 »

I'd suggest you try Smith Bell & Thompson out of Vermont.
Check out their web site for details on their Metalworking program.
They have a pretty wide appetite and I'm thinking they can likely do that for you.
Good Luck!
Shagster
abigail07
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by abigail07 »

Well, I think there is indeed a small number of general liability coverage for a metal fabrication company. Fabrication comprises with various metalworking specialties and metal fabrication is a value added process that involves the construction of machines and structures from various raw materials. But hopefully you can find your target market. Precision Machining
Brave21
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Brave21 »

If he's making them just for himself, then there are no legalities.

If he's making them to give or sell to others, he needs the 07 FFL (Manufacturer) as noted above.