Commercial General Liability

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
inshru2
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Commercial General Liability

Post by inshru2 »

I am a California agent who is looking for CGL (admitted) for property owners who have multiple rental properties that are less than 4 units.
Stand alone CPL policies offered by Topa and McGraw have limits to the number of locations and McGraw does not offer Personal Injury.

It is not always possible to extend liability to rentals from homeowners CPL.
Steve
InsAgentSF
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: Commercial General Liability

Post by InsAgentSF »

I wrote one up with Oregon Mutual.
sanddog1
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog1 »

inshru2, if you're appointed with OMI then InsAgentSF may have something. :wink: HO-3 policies issued in CA allow up to 4 to 6 units. 500,000 CPL. The problem is you need OL &T Liability, (wrongful eviction coverage) CPL does not have....this coverage. Its a nightmare for the carriers, when a claim is placed against CPL. They must defend.
Some carriers will endorse when ask.... 8)
I think JE Brown has something that may just work. Also have you tried a Commercial Umbrella. They should not be to expensive.

It is not always possible to extend liability to rentals from homeowners CPL. And you should NOT, the coverage is not meant for Rental property. :lol: And i'm sure your aware.
:wink:
Its better to ask forgiveness then permission
(just do it)