NEED TO FIND CGL WITH PRIOR ACTS ENDORSEMENT

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
jbvibbert
Insurance Journal Fan

NEED TO FIND CGL WITH PRIOR ACTS ENDORSEMENT

Post by jbvibbert »

I'M LOOKING FOR A COMPANY THAT WRITES CGL WITH A PRIOR ACTS ENDORSEMENT ( INCLUDED). THIS CGL IN FOR A CONTRACTOR WHO FRAMES NEW HOMES AND VINYL SIDING INSTALLATION. ANYONE KNOW ONE. THEY HAVE TO BE LIC. IN SC.
jsdcrc
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by jsdcrc »

That's going to be tough unless you can find some regional market who doesn't understand the exposure. How large is this operation ? Do they currently have coverage? Is it currently written on an occurrence or claims made form? SC is tough even from an E&S standpoint on this class.
Jeffrey S. Dunn, CIC<BR>CRC <BR>jdunn@crcins.com
sanddog1
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog1 »

Isn't this post kinda like asking to insurance a burning house. Man i didn't this endorsement was still in play any where in the USA :roll:
Its better to ask forgiveness then permission
(just do it)
jbvibbert
Insurance Journal Fan

STILL GOING TO TRY

Post by jbvibbert »

THIS INSURED, PAID THE AGENCY FOR THREE YEARS, GOT CERTIFICATE STATING HE HAD COVERAGE, AND GUESS WHAT........HE DIDN'T !
A EMPLOYEE AT THE AGENCY WAS TAKING MONEY AND NOT BINDING COVERAGE. WELL THREE YEARS LATER THE AGENT HAS LOST HER LICENCE AND THE INSURED HAS A CLAIM. THE E & O FOR THE AGENCY IS COVERING THE CLAIM AND POSSIBLABLY THE COVERAGE I'M LOOKING FOR. THE INSURED IS A FRAMER AND VINYL SIDING INSTALLER.
agencyproducer
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Its All Possiable

Post by agencyproducer »

In Professional Liability (MedMal) this endorsement is very common as coverage is on a claims made basis. My suggestion would be to talk to Lexington Insurance Co. (AIG). They have standard subsidiaries that allow them to write on admitted paper in almost every state, and I believe they have a program for contractors. The other suggestion I have is, depending on the size of the client, maybe they should think about alternative ways to insure their risk, such as forming an offshore captive. Zurich also has a program for contractors.
gregcw
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: NEED TO FIND CGL WITH PRIOR ACTS ENDORSEMENT

Post by gregcw »

I think that the only solution is to put the policy on a Claims Made Form, which is not good for a contractor, and get the underwriter to agree to the prior acts. Then, if you can find a carrier that will agree to the prior acts, you have the propblem of convincing the insured to buy the tail if, as you should, you convert to an Occurrence Form.

If you do this you still would have an E&O exposure if the tail you purchase is not long enough and a claim is made that is after the tail expired.