Independent AGENT "need help"

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
houstonagent
Insurance Journal Addict

Independent AGENT "need help"

Post by houstonagent »

Well iam new to this site and i only do auto insurance, i need help with finding out what are the best companys to appoint for auto non standard markets,low liability good full etc. Iam in the houston tx market and want to see if anyone can give me advice since iam new to this field.also i want to know how everyone else is bringing people in ,and whats the best months for auto insurance.If yah guys can help me out it would really help out alooot!! thanks guys
mccluney
Insurance Journal Addict

New TX Agent

Post by mccluney »

Call National Underwriter at 800-543-0874 and purchase a Kirschner's Directory for about $30.00 for your area. There will be a wealth of information about Markets and Agent Assn's. Find an Assn and attend their next meeting. You will obtain valuable info to answer your questions.
Good Luck.
houstonagent
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by houstonagent »

thanks, well besides that does anyone have good advice about the non-standard market? tips or ideas how to be succesful in the business?
CATHIEA
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by CATHIEA »

Contact Viking - I believe they're owned by dairyland now - also, I believe Arrowhead general agency has their non standard in Tx and I think that Unitrin does too. Check out the local Big I, PIA & Agents Alliance meetings. Marketing Reps are always at an agent meeting and can steer you in the right direction.

As far as how to be successful - this has been addressed in this forum many times - look at the older postings for ideas.
independent guy
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by independent guy »

CATHIEA wrote:Contact Viking - I believe they're owned by dairyland now
That is correct.