looking for market - General Liability

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
crossins
Insurance Journal Addict

looking for market - General Liability

Post by crossins »

Insured applies spray foam insulation to residential properties. Spin off business. 15+ yrs experience running residential construction company. Product is manufacture by Dow. Brand name is Froth Pak. Two employees. Estimated rec'ts $100,000. Est Payroll - $50,000
OmniSure
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Spray Foam Insulation

Post by OmniSure »

Yea! I need a market too. None of my standard carriers want to write spray foam Insulation (mold exposure on the completed opps). If there is a good E&S market let me know too... I thought I was going to write an account like this a while back, but the biz owner told me that he got 500K coverage with AllState for $750.00 / year. Allstate agent probably completed the app as a "painting" contractor. Also lost a Fire Sprikler Installation contractor to Nationwide for minimal premium, the NW agent called it a "plumbing" contractor.

Sounds like I'm uffering from a bad case of "class slippage" :cry:
You'll know when you know, you know?
LadyBroker
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by LadyBroker »

What state is your risk in? That sometimes determines markets. California is really tough for residential contractors. Also, is your risk working on new construction, or repair/remodel only? That, too, makes a big difference.

I agree it's frustrating to watch direct writers pick up these accounts, and you know the carrier has no clue of the real exposure. It all comes out in the wash, though, when a claim is filed. Then the client realizes he doesn't have coverage, and the retailer learns all about his E & O coverage...
"It's a typical day, on the road to Utopia.."
crossins
Insurance Journal Addict

spray foam

Post by crossins »

Risk is in Maine. Generally new construction. Insured is a subcontractor. Would prefer standard approved carrier.
emanuelleprime
Insurance Journal Fan

Re: Spray Foam Insulation

Post by emanuelleprime »

Contact Rick Lindsey @ 1-800-257-5590 or email him RJL@primeis.com. I'm pretty sure he can help you with this.
Lead Underwriter
CATHIEA
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by CATHIEA »

Have one similar to that in AZ - have currently with Landmark American but was previously with Maxim - both good rates. You'll have to contact a broker in your area but if you look either or both carriers up on the web you can usually find a broker who handles them in your area.
sanddog1
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog1 »

Dude, your wasting your time with this account, this is exactly why Farmers and most Allstate employee's (agents) are looser. There ain't know why you can write this class for $750.00. Your right, if this guy has water claim or worse its not covered. E & O Court Baby

Code: Select all

Non-Standard...Allied General, Coastal Brokers, Swett Crawford and More.
[/b] 8) 8) 8) 8)
Yea! I need a market too. None of my standard carriers want to write spray foam Insulation (mold exposure on the completed opps). If there is a good E&S market let me know too... I thought I was going to write an account like this a while back, but the biz owner told me that he got 500K coverage with AllState for $750.00 / year.
Its better to ask forgiveness then permission
(just do it)
jsdcrc
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by jsdcrc »

I just wrote two manufactures of Mold Retardent products sold to the construction industry. We were able to to get them written without a Mold exlcusion on the GL. Most of the markets we approached were NOT willing to offer coverage without that exclusion. Please give me a call if you need help @ 888-633-6284. I'm looking for similar operations to write.
Jeffrey S. Dunn, CIC<BR>CRC <BR>jdunn@crcins.com
sanddog1
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog1 »

Omnisure, Your absolutely correct and I am a Allied Agent. No way will any Tier-1 carrier in CA, write a sprinkler install company the minium premium is $15,000 period. I work with integrity. Allied expects their agent force to be truthful with market placement. Chances are, its some producer working under a broker like my self and taking advantage of the appointment and opportunity, with the lack of prying eyes.
Also lost a Fire Sprikler Installation contractor to Nationwide for minimal premium, the NW agent called it a "plumbing" contractor
Its better to ask forgiveness then permission
(just do it)