Where can I buy renewal leads from? Who are good suppliers?

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
sgrl82
Insurance Journal Fan

Where can I buy renewal leads from? Who are good suppliers?

Post by sgrl82 »

Hi,

I am looking to see where I can buy renewal leads from. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Sonia
Norcalinsurance
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Re: Where can I buy renewal leads from? Who are good suppliers?

Post by Norcalinsurance »

It's sad that I'm the 1st reply to you. I just recently became an active member here, and have started replying to posts that are old. I hope your still in the business!

Anyways, assuming you are, I am in the same position you are in. Although I am looking for Life Insurance leads. I've been in insurance for over a year now, and must say that it is a hard business, as is any sales position.

This is my experience with drumming up leads. Always go through your existing book first for other lines & referrals, then cold calling (very cheap to free), then networking events/etc... then start buying your leads if those don't pan out

I'm putting effort into the above steps, but just last week, I invested a meager $200 on 10 life leads from First Quote. They supply Auto, Home & Life leads. I did not even Google them before giving the sales lady my CC info, but I must admit, she was a great sales person, and we did e-mail back & forth while on the phone.

Anyways, I'll be getting my 10 leads in a few days (hopefully) and this lady said that they will be untouched leads, so we'll see. If they are truly fresh & untouched & looking to browse, I'll pay $20 for the lead, whether my skills can close the deal or not.

Hope this helps. Write back soon. It's lonely in this Desert of forgotten posts.
“Look, good against remotes is one thing, good against the living, that’s something else.”
JustinReed

Post by JustinReed »

If you are talking about personal lines leads, they are almost always going to be shared leads. The Do Not Call list has pretty much killed any freshly called leads. They are generally created by setting up generic websites for quotes. In most cases these are sold to up to 5 different agents and in the industry we call them "internet leads". Usually of low quality and yo uwill automatically be competing with multiple agents.

If you are looking for Commercial Line or Group Health leads or appointments, give me a call. My name is Justin Reed and I Own G.M.R.. We specialize in leads and appointments for the insurance industry and they are never resold. But we do not do anything on personal lines.
Last edited by JustinReed on Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Justin Reed
justin@gmrplace.com
Guaranteed Marketing Resource
1439 W. Chapman Ave. Ste#77 | Orange, CA 92868
Tel: 714 .735.8502 | Fax: 714.735.8957
GRCinCA
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by GRCinCA »

If you are going to spend some money on obtaining Xdates I would check into dataquick/property pro. Once the program is purchased you can run reports based on zip, year built, sale date, etc. - and it is a fair bet that most of these sale dates are the Xdates for home owners insurance. It may not come with a convenient list of what the homeowner's current carrier is or what their premium is but if you know where you are most competetive you can just adjust you search parameters in the program to find those properties. Phone numbers are checked against the DNC list so you or your telemarketer don't have to worry about that.

Good luck!
Greg Culley
Culley Insurance Services
http://www.culleyinsurance.com
meytai
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by meytai »

One of my clients once told me how one of my competitors knew exactly how much she was paying... and whne her policy expires...

I am wondering if x-date leads actually exist? because that would be awesome.. yet.... is that like.. edging privacy issue?

Meytai
Shagster12
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by Shagster12 »

I have had some luck using an internet site called "melissadata".
Depending on the kind of information you're looking for they can custom tailer lists to your specs or you can do it yourself.
The more results the more the cost. I've also gotten free lists and they offer a lot of other services and advice.
You might give them a look at http://www.melissadata.com and no I'm not a rep for them.... :)
Shagster
CSP

Post by CSP »

After using 4 different companies claiming they are supplying good leads from the internet, "only interested people"........Don't waste your money. After spending a couple of thousand for only 5 responses and "0" written. I do better with the telephone book and cold calling. Not easy, but works better. Find a nich to write, research the nich, and cold call. Good Luck.........
choicearizona
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by choicearizona »

You can also buy the Cole Directory online. Simply type in a zipcode and it brings up a list of everyone who bought a home by month by zipcode. That usually coincides with the renewal of their home policy - though some people refinance and it changes. But that is fairly inexpensive. And you can do your own marketing from there.http://www.choicearizona.com/article.php?id=10