Elderly Care Facility

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
inshru2
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Elderly Care Facility

Post by inshru2 »

Trying to find a a market for a small residential care facility that boards 4-6 elderly folks. The problem has been that there are overnight boarders.
The facility is located in the Sacramento California. They currently have a homeowners policy and the carrier is unaware of the exposure (through another broker).
LadyBroker
Insurance Journal Addict

Elder care

Post by LadyBroker »

When you say overnight boarders, do you mean a situation where a person might just be dropped off for an overnight stay? So the residents aren't permanent?
"It's a typical day, on the road to Utopia.."
inshru2
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Elderly Care

Post by inshru2 »

More of the permanent type. I see these type of homes all over the place. So I know someone must offer the coverage
wlunday
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by wlunday »

Sounds like an adult foster care facility to me. There are lots of opportunities out there to cover these legitimate businesses. If the place isn't legit, run, don't walk away from it.

Most carriers will want to see the licensing and be assured that the staff is qualified, etc... The rates are fair if the business has professional exposure elsewhere... you get the drift.

Swymmer
LadyBroker
Insurance Journal Addict

Adult care facility

Post by LadyBroker »

Yes, there is a number of carriers who will offer you coverage. You will likely need to access an e&s broker. Lloyds and Evanston are two carriers who come to mind that will entertain this business.

Contact JoAnn Taylor at USRisk in Dallas, Texas. She has a program for these types of risks. Her phone is 214 265 2486, and her email address is joann@usrisk.com
"It's a typical day, on the road to Utopia.."
PSInsure
Insurance Journal Fan

Elder Care

Post by PSInsure »

You might try Union General. They have a program with Maxum. They will include the GL, Professional Liability and Sexual Abuse. Contact Lesley Kaplan 928-671-2128 x 38

Good Luck....
SFOInsuranceLady
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by SFOInsuranceLady »

Is your facility a registered non-profit with a 501(c)(3) status? If so, there is an excellent risk retention organization called Non-Profits' Insurance Alliance of CA. Go to http://www.niac.org and there you will find the information you need. They have great rates and coverages designed for the non-profit. I can't say enough good things about them. Not only do they cover property and liability, but D & O, sexual misconduct, professional (social service) liability, etc. After your client becomes a member they have a lot of free services, resources and tools for them to utilize. They are a great company to work with! Hope this helps!
ckerrigan
Insurance Journal Fan

Residential Care for the Elderly

Post by ckerrigan »

Hi ~ There are markets out there for Residential Care for the Elderly, most need a direct appointment, luckily we are an MGA that picked up a great carrier that can write the whole package, if you are interested, please do not hesitate to call or email us back. I was a commercial lines producer that specialized in Res Care, it was my niche.

707-775-2672 or email me: ckerrigan@tangramins.com :D