Ever heard of an HSA deductible program?

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
Sundance
Insurance Journal Addict

Ever heard of an HSA deductible program?

Post by Sundance »

Of all places we were at a Home & Garden show recently and there was an insurance agent there who said that he had a program thru United American of UFC (not really sure of the name) that you paid a monthly premium to and it would pay your HSA deductible. The monthly premium was roughly $27. for a $2,500. deductible HSA.

This person said he'd send info (in case we wanted to sell it or buy it) but of course we have never heard a word from him.

I haven't ever heard of this type of plan. Has anyone ever heard of this and if so, who is the company etc.?

Thanks!
laidback
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Be Careful

Post by laidback »

Yes, there are several plans out there I see advertised via internet that indicate you can purchase a plan that will help pay the HSA deductible. It turns out, they are discounted plans, not true coverage. In other words, they offer discounted office calls, prescriptions, surgery, etc. I haven't seen one in a while so don't recall the name of all the companies but one is HPA out of Florida and they are not licensed in my state. I have steered clear of these as there are a number of advantages to the client to do the savings plan. I use three different carriers for the savings portion and as you may know, the savings plan will pay for dental, vision, etc. Could not find any of these discounted plans offering that much benefit to the client, only a cheap premium. :(
Provide the Maximum Benefits for the Minimum Cost and the Best Possible Service
Sundance
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by Sundance »

I thought as much...perhaps this is why we haven't rec'd any written info :shock: