Mobile Homes in Midwest

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
baldagent
Insurance Journal Fan

Mobile Homes in Midwest

Post by baldagent »

First time poster, with a question on one of my accounts....

I have a client with over 100 homes - not in a park - these are seperate 1-3 acre parcels of land for each mobile home. Its basically written as a scheduled rental policy. I have these written with American Modern currently and have used Foremost in the past. Both of these carriers have basically doubled the renewal premium and I need to find another option. Does anybody have any suggestions?
InsMgmt
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: Mobile Homes in Midwest

Post by InsMgmt »

What state are you located in and where are these mobile homes located?
baldagent
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by baldagent »

I'm in Texas and the mobile homes are spread out over Missouri, Arkansas and Oklahoma.
InsMgmt
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by InsMgmt »

As you have already determined, there simply aren't that many carriers interested in writing wind debris, uh, I mean mobile homes in Tornado Alley.

American Modern Home and Foremost appear to be the lead carriers for mobile homes, but Allrisks, Ltd., Burns & Wilcox, and the other leading E&S brokers may have alternate markets--Lloyds will probably be quoted as often as any other. If Nationwide is sticking their toe into the market, Scottsdale may be a potential carrier - again, through your friendly E&S broker.

Good luck!