Trucker in Missouri

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
Mary Hupp
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Trucker in Missouri

Post by Mary Hupp »

I am looking for a standard market for a hauling trucker located in MO. They haul Gravel, Ashphalt, grain and other agri products. They have 12 Dumps & 10 pup trailers. We need, GL, Auto, Cargo, IM and Umb coverage. They are currently with Acuity. Thank you for your help!!!! : :D
falstaff
Insurance Journal Fan

Re: Trucker in Missouri

Post by falstaff »

Mary: Med James, Inc. is a General Agent with offices in KC and St. Louis. We have three contracts with A rated carriers that write dump trucks. I am Jim Slaughter, Director of Marketing, and I can be reached by phone at 800-255-6503 ext. 5700. Contact me if I may be of further assistance. Jim
Knotins
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Knotins »

Mary,

Try Progressive, Sagamore and Homestate companies. These companies will compete very well for your risk. By the way Med James is low on service and probably will not be comptetive, good luck getting Jim Slaughter to return you phone call when you have a problem.

Good Luck.
jimmyr1978
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by jimmyr1978 »

My advice: Walk away. Acuity is the best market for this company, and you won't beat them on price or coverage. They have the best short-haul trucking program (including sand/gravel guys), they almost always pre-inspect, so they know what they're writing, and they have good service. If they were with anyone else, I'd say take the time to go after it.

We are in Missouri as well, and if I run into Acuity or Auto Owners on a short-haul trucking company, I only spend time if there is a BOR opportunity.

I know it's hard to turn down $50k+ in premium staring at you, but you'll be wasting your time.