HO3 for clients witha BK

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
Jackson
Insurance Journal Fan

HO3 for clients witha BK

Post by Jackson »

Who will write an HO3 for a client with a recent BK? Companies have turned it down left and right. Which carriers write this now?
Thanks
njexpat
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Re: HO3 for clients witha BK

Post by njexpat »

Ok --- so we know what an HO3 is, but what the hell is a "BK" ???
pita3333
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by pita3333 »

njexpat wrote:Ok --- so we know what an HO3 is, but what the hell is a "BK" ???
bankruptcy!
Michael Trouillon
Greater Los Angeles area

Consultant/Trainer agency automation system

Industry since 82

Past: Compliance Mgr master pol pgm, Ops Mgr, Marketing Mgr, Account Mgr
InsuranceGirl
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by InsuranceGirl »

What state is the risk located in?

I know of a few co's in Florida that will write a bankruptcy.
Jackson
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Jackson »

In CA. Finally bound coverage with Foremost.
johnhoefer

Post by johnhoefer »

In CA, there is no reason for the company to know the clients credit history. We do not do credit scoring. Are you sure this is why it was turned down?

California Homeowners Insurance
CSP

Apps request Bankruptcy info

Post by CSP »

All of my companies request information concerning bankruptcy, and foreclosure/preforeclosure. This is public record information, as is repo's of homes and rental property. Both can be obtained without doing a credit report. Both are reason for many companies declining coverage.
gregcw
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by gregcw »

pita3333 wrote:
njexpat wrote:Ok --- so we know what an HO3 is, but what the hell is a "BK" ???
bankruptcy!
I'm airing a pet peeve that I've had for a long time on many of these posts. That is the arrogance of a lot of the posters in assuming that we all know the Jargon that they use. Like njexpat, I had no idea what a BK was. I think that it was rude of pita3333 respond with bankruptcy! with the Exclamation Point like EVERYBODY should know that.

Sometimes I have seen, as abreviations, infrequently used insurance terms that in 27 years in the business I have never heard or seen abreviated. And sometimes like the term BK which I googled and did not get Bankruptcy as a response. I also do not know anyone in the financial industry that uses that as an abreviation.

This is a plea for everyone to use English for ucommon abreviations. it will make reading this forum easier and more informative for all of us!
Gregcw
d's insurance store
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by d's insurance store »

I believe the abbreviation of 'BK' comes from how it's listed on a credit report...and at least in my world, it's most often referred to that way by people who have daily interaction with credit type issues.

I think many of us regular readers and perhaps posters have 'pet peeves' with certain postings or individuals doing the postings...mine is the regular posting by those either new to the biz or coming from a captive insurance environment who throw out the question asking for line by line help in opening a new agency, as if there's some kind of formula and set of instructions that can be published on a web board to just go and open a successful agency. My answers have ranged from polite to sarcastic to those kinds of posts, and if my sarcasism offended anyone, then I guess this is my public apology.