WC for 5951 and 4512

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
antagent
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

WC for 5951 and 4512

Post by antagent »

My client is a manufacture of mdeical diagnostic kits. It currently has California State Fund's WC policy which covers codes 5951 and 4512. The policy going to be renewal soon. Quoted through several brokers, both codes are in prohibited list of some carriers. My client believe those two codes are not appropriate. But he doesn't know which right code for those jobs. He plan to change code to 3572 (Medical Instrument manufacturing) and 4611 (Drug, Medicine or pharmacy preparation ), but not sure either.

Who has market for those codes? And how can we help client to determine right WC codes?
Santa Rosa Ins Broker
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: WC for 5951 and 4512

Post by Santa Rosa Ins Broker »

First I would suggest that you call your State Fund Underwriter and discuss the risk with them. If they can not justify the classification then have them(State Fund) request a WCIRB inspection. The other alternative is to call the WCIRB and ask for the Customer Service Department, they can usually help you determine the correct class. If you want you can PM me your phone number and I will call you to discuss. I used to be a State Fund Underwriter and did quality control surveys for State Fund as well.
CSP
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

WC Classification Codes

Post by CSP »

State Fund in California follows the Workers Comp. Rating Board guidelines on job classification. You can go on-line and check the descriptions and even call the WC Rating Board and discuss the classes with them. They have even given the correct codes for the businesses that were disputed.

Go on-line and get the phone number.
Santa Rosa Ins Broker
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by Santa Rosa Ins Broker »

CSP is partially correct, the WCIRB, has an online manual, however there is other products out there that are more detailed put out by Silver Plume and ISO.
boatfun
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by boatfun »

Call Smart Choice (559) 799-4922 they have a Work Comp. company that writes hard to place work comp. and is less than State Fund.
Chris G
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Chris G »

I quoted 4512 with ACE. Previously with SCIF. Only slightly less. Tough class.