CGL Policy for Janitors who cleans hospitals..

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
meytai
Insurance Journal Addict

CGL Policy for Janitors who cleans hospitals..

Post by meytai »

I've submited this to Hartford, Liberty Underwriters, ACE .. they have declined simply because this risk cleans up only hospitals..

So does anyone have any advice on where i should take this? Admitted carriers.. i have plenty of direction/option on the non-admitted side. I didn't know that hospital was such a bad risk.

Your tips and advice is appreciated

Uni
FFA
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: CGL Policy for Janitors who cleans hospitals..

Post by FFA »

What state?
LadyBroker
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by LadyBroker »

This is a tough class because of the slip and fall potentially being so much more costly. If you are stuck on only considering Admitted markets, I cannot help you. I would suspect we would have markets on the Excess & Surplus lines side who would write this, though.

Somnething I always ask -- is the risk insured now, and if so, with whom; expiring pricing and deductibles; if you are not the incumbent agent, what kind of control doy ou think you will have on the marketing of the account?

If I can help me, please PM me.
"It's a typical day, on the road to Utopia.."
Master U/W'er
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Master U/W'er »

Ladybroker makes a good point about slips, trips and falls. There is much more to this exposure though: use of cleaning chemicals around already ill patients; does prospect do any wipe down or santizing of the walls, tables other surfaces? Infection control? Emptying of bio hazard bins and needle collection sites? Good luck..
meytai
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by meytai »

These risks are in CA.

It makes perfect sense, i don't write a lot of commercial so.. thanks for the replies. THe person taht referred me this business is insured through Hartford, and he wanted me to quote the people he referred me to (the people i'm having a hard time placing) with Hartford, but they have declined to quote.. but it is unclear 'cuz my underwriter hasn't told me, if it was due to the less than 3 years experience or because of the hospital exposure or both.

Thanks guys, i love you