Standard Market For Apartments?

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
Ameldrum
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Ameldrum »

Does anyone have a market that they are submitting apartment buildings that are well-maintained with pro-active management to, other than with a surplus lines company for the state of Washinton. I'm hoping that somebody in the standard market is willing to write this type of business either as a package policy or as a BOP. Any informtion would be great. Please help!!
Thanks,
Aaron
Ameldrum
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Ameldrum »

After 350+ hits no one has any info they can share? This is truely a tough market to place. Seems that all the standard markets are getting off any apartments that they currently write no matter the age(new or older).
fcis1
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by fcis1 »

Iam in NC and i have a couple of Apartment risks, but out of the 15 standard companies we represent, i still had to go to the E & S market.
INTLXS
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by INTLXS »

There still are a few markets writing them standard, but they are declining by the day..... looks like the standard carrier pricing structure is too low.... so the E&S market comes to the rescue.... E&S does not mean "sub-standard" but provides a solution with their flexibility. The last few standard markets I have heard doing any apartments are: Erie, Mitsui Sumitomo and Auto Owners.

Good luck, contact me if you need an E&S market for them... I might even have a market that will write it on admitted paper.

Ken
mhitt
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by mhitt »

We have several non-admitted markets for this class. If you decide to go that route, contact me via email: mhitt@ipsico.com.
Dawgnacious
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by Dawgnacious »

We all long for the days when apts. were a desirable class.

Not many players these days. Have seen the following carriers writing this class:
Auto Owners; Cincinnati, State Farm, Nationwide, Grange Mutual.
Have no idea if any are still accepting this business. E&S probably your best bet. Good luck. Please let the rest of us know if you are able to place standard market.