Umbrella for Nevada LLC

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
GRCinCA
Insurance Journal Addict

Umbrella for Nevada LLC

Post by GRCinCA »

This LLC owns two single family tenant occupied dwellings in Las Vegas. The underlying limits are at 500K per dwelling (with AMIG) and the LLC doesn't own any other properties. We would like to add 1M umbrella. Can't seem to find option for umbrella. Anyone have a suggestion?
Greg Culley
Culley Insurance Services
http://www.culleyinsurance.com
Companyman
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Re: Umbrella for Nevada LLC

Post by Companyman »

Is the risk currently written commercially or on a personal policy? As an LLC it should be on a commercial policy, but I have seen companies agree to write LLC's on personal lines for an exposure like this one.
justthere
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by justthere »

If it is written as a commercial policy, State National will do the umbrella as long as they do the underlying. But you will have to show proof of the LLC owning the properties and they will write the single family residences in their program. That works in California at least.
azcompanyman
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by azcompanyman »

I may be missing something but it looks like American Modern only offers specialized property coverages. Umbrellas are normally written over liability coverages (GL, AL, EL), though I am not sure on the personal lines side, but maybe this is why you are having difficulty? Perhaps securing a separate policy for the LRO liability exposure with $1M primary limit would make your life easier. Some markets may even provide higher primary limits to eliminate your need for the excess limits.
monica reyes
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by monica reyes »

Anderson & Murison offers a BIG Umbrella product which can provide umbrella coverage for commercial exposures and rentals that are owned by an LLC. Minimum underlying liability required is $500,000.

Please contact me if you would like to discuss.
Monica Reyes 800-234-6977 ext. 214
monica.reyes@andersonmurison.com

*Did you know that A&M can cover your California clients business exposures under a personal umbrella policy? Click the link below to find out about the BIG UMBRELLA option.
http://www.andersonmurison.com/personal ... ogram.aspx