Food Truck - Full Coverage - CA

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
johnhoefer
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Food Truck - Full Coverage - CA

Post by johnhoefer »

I have a client that is buying trailers with full kitchens in them for the gourmet food truck industry that is taking off right now. He is fixing them up and leasing them to operators. He needs property and general liability for his end of the deal and he wants us to insure all of the operators so that he can ensure that the operators are properly insured.

I have not found a market for this yet.
Miguelito
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: Food Truck - Full Coverage - CA

Post by Miguelito »

The leasing revenue is the premium basis for the trailer leasing company. However, if there is not equity and portability in the lease for the operator he would be considered an employee. Department of Industrial Relations has a "test" for guidance in the interruption of a truly "independent operator".
sankykid
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sankykid »

I have a feeling that Alex Chris and Petra Filiz are the same person and they're just posting to drive traffic to the link in their signature line "Insurance Reviews" which takes you to www (dot) dailyinsurancereviews (dot) com that my company's web filtering software categorizes as malicious.

Moderator?
Josh
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by Josh »

sankykid,

Thanks, both accounts have been posting off-topic replies (copied from other sites). These accounts and their posts have been purged.
Josh Carlson
Insurance Journal

Get Insurance Journal's Daily Headlines e-mailed to you. Sign up free here!
https://www.insurancejournal.com/subscribe