care, custody, control for pond service holding fish - CA

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
Rob
Insurance Journal Addict

care, custody, control for pond service holding fish - CA

Post by Rob »

One of my GA's quoted a residential pond service company for me and included ccc coverage for fish that the insured removes from the ponds and puts in a holding tank while cleaning the ponds (some of the fish are expensive). However, when I asked for the specimen of the bailees form, I saw that it excluded fish. The underwriter stated they could not change it. Does anyone know if there is even a way to obtain this coverage?
Rob
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: care, custody, control for pond service holding fish - C

Post by Rob »

Maybe not insurable?
SFOInsuranceLady
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by SFOInsuranceLady »

Have you tried the E & S Markets? You may want to give Burns & Wilcox a try (they have an office in Rancho Cordova) or American E & S in San Francisco. Last but not least, any of the Lloyds correspondents....they specialize in the unusual.
Good Luck!
Rob
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by Rob »

SFOInsuranceLady wrote:Have you tried the E & S Markets? You may want to give Burns & Wilcox a try (they have an office in Rancho Cordova) or American E & S in San Francisco. Last but not least, any of the Lloyds correspondents....they specialize in the unusual.
Good Luck!
Yes, I went through a wholesaler with E&S markets and put that we wanted ccc coverage for fish on the application but when the quote came back I looked at the bailees form and lo and behold the first thing it excluded was fish and birds!
INTLXS
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by INTLXS »

If anyone can do it.... try:

http://www.lkalmanson.com/ Mitch Kalmanson can do just about anything to do with animals

Ken Kukral
kennethkukral@intlxs.com
www.intlxs.com