PA - Log Home with Farm Animals

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
Suze
Insurance Journal Fan

PA - Log Home with Farm Animals

Post by Suze »

I have a long time customer with a beautiful log home with 5 horses, some goats and some chickens. There are a couple old sheds that need some work and would have to be excluded. I have had a horrible time trying to find someone to insure this property with RCV on the house. I am an independent agent so any companies you can recommend would be great.
Thank you.
mica.cooper
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: PA - Log Home with Farm Animals

Post by mica.cooper »

I would try the Pennsylvania Mutual Association, www.pamic.org. They have good solid companies at more reasonable prices. You should be able to work with the underwriters on exclusions as well.
Ark Agency
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Ark Agency »

We might be able to help you - we have an equine program that includes property. Please contact me at kim@arkagency.com for more information.
wlunday
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by wlunday »

I'd look at some of the preferred carrier commercial farm policies. I would quote this with Safeco (Liberty Mutual) if it was out west... the farm policy will ACV and named-peril the outbuildings but allow for RCV on the primary residence. Not sure what is available in your state...

Wayne Lunday, LUTCF, CLU, ChFC
High Cascades Agency
Castle Rock, Washington