CA - Counselor Working with Foster Parents/Kids

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
KPIA
Insurance Journal Addict

CA - Counselor Working with Foster Parents/Kids

Post by KPIA »

Have a prosepct who is a child counselor who has just begun taking side work doing training and working with foster kids and foster parents. She helps guide the foster parents on working with foster kids and helps teach the kids skills such as anger management, etc..

Had one MGA quote with Mt. Vernon but they had a condition that work with abused kids could not be over 25%. Being that these are foster kids, the majority of them (approx 80%) have been removed from their biological parents' homes due to neglect or abuse, thereby making it unacceptable for Mt. Vernon. Western World was also approached, but declined as well.

No current or prior coverage exists for this prospect as she is just beginning this venture working as an indep contractor for another individual whose own coverage is questionable IMO (that lady is relying on a State Farm in-home business endorsement to provide her coverage).

We are seeking GL but are most concerned with Professional Liability.
Kevin M. Kennedy
KPIA - Kennedy Professional Insurance Agency
www.kpia.com
Adame526
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Re: CA - Counselor Working with Foster Parents/Kids

Post by Adame526 »

I can definitely help with the Prof Liab. Feel free to send me what you have for submission including the PL application and I'll be glad to work with you on it. My contact information is shown below. Please feel free to call or email.

Look forward to being of service.

Toni Adame-Cavage
Senior Broker
MarketScout Wholesale LLC
tcavage@marketscoutwholesale.com
www.marketscout.com/msw
pita3333
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: CA - Counselor Working with Foster Parents/Kids

Post by pita3333 »

You might want to review the exclusion (the actual document) to see what it really says. Then you will know exactly what you are dealing with. "Abuse" is a very generic word.

Then if there is still a problem work with the underwriter to manuscript the form to get the coverage back to where you need it to be.
Michael Trouillon
Greater Los Angeles area

Consultant/Trainer agency automation system

Industry since 82

Past: Compliance Mgr master pol pgm, Ops Mgr, Marketing Mgr, Account Mgr